Better to tune enclosure low or really low??

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 299
Is it better to tune your box about 28hz or 32hz or 40hz? Whats the big difference? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3095
depends on oyur subs Fs. and what you are trying to accomplish.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 300
Say i have a cvr and i think they are like 26hz or sumthing, the manual said in you wanted to build the spl/deepbass vented enclosure it was tuned to like 40hz but someone told me to tune it to 32hz. Whats the big difference between those two? For better sq do you go lower? Thanx muddywaters...

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3098
yes generally for SQ you tune lower.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 301
Thanx Muddywaters u da shizznit! Would you tune a cvr about 32hz? If i listen to nuthing but rap and i like those bass notes on songs such as late nite tip, throw it up, da blow, and others like that what should i go for sq or spl? What should i tune it to? Thanx!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3100
i would tune it to about 35hz then.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 303
Kool thanx man! Can you help me with my short question thats never been answered?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 201
The sub peaks out at a little below the tuning frequency of the box. I listen to all rap, and i tuned aroun 32hz for my 15. I would say listen to muddy and do about 35hz. The difrence is that the sub will move out of control on notes below the tuning frequency of the box. HIgher tuned is generally for SPL(mid 40hz.) and lower tuned for SQ.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 307
Thanx Jordan.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 234
3.5 cuft tuned @ 32hz 3inch slot port for a 15 cvr hit hard an for 2 12 cvr a 5cuft tuned @ 24hz with a 2 inch slot port hit hard sounds go0d as hell an hear it far an great sq i made the box for the 15 an the 1 for the 2 12s an the 24hz port is best on the rap great with da blow beat kicks @$$ an loud by ear

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 318
If i make 2 separate boxes how big & tuned 2 wut and size of port?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us