Thud/Pop

Bronze Member
Username: Kbenz47

Rochester, New York United States

Post Number: 36
My speakers make a thud/pop noise when change songs, turn my HU on or off, or change volume from 0-1 or 1-0.

Running Infinity Reference 7541 4 chnl amp to two 6.1 infinity reference comps. I have a solid ground and have the RCA's running opposite sides of the car. The gains arent set too high, any idea what could be causing this, maybe bad RCA's?

Bronze Member
Username: L_stay_fly

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 17
i had the same problem...by any chance do you have a pioneer HU?

Bronze Member

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 18
for me i found out it was the HU all along....instead of me buyin another one...i hooked up an output adaptor 10:1 Reduction and it fixed my problem...someone also told me it adds a boost to not sure how true that was..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
No, I dont have a Pioneer, unfortunatly. I have a Sony, but Im lookin to buy a new one(not sony).

Bronze Member

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 21
if u still have this problem after u try a different HU...then i'd say its something wrong with the amp...mine got so bad when i would eject a cd it would make my subs pretty much wanna blow out the box and hummmm like he11..it was annoyin

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1935
the thud/pop is because there is no turn on delay from the HU. or the amps. one or the other needs to have a delay to eliminate the thud/pop when you turn on the car.

a relay will solve the problem too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
so what your saying is that, Im getting this thud/pop because the HU doesnt have a delay. So when I change the song or volume from 0-1 or 1-0 its still going to make that thud/pop until I purchase a new HU which has a delay thats built in? Anyone know of any HU's that have this built in delay to prevent this stupid problem.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1009
or you can just get a relay i beleive. i had the same problem and just got a whole new HU and it never did it again. it tends to happen to HU that are like older than 4 or 5 years. its not just pioneer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
alright, cool. thanks for the info. I was looking to get a new HU anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us