Will this HU be ok for me and my system?? Thanx...

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 292
I made a thread yesterday at the subwoofer section about how my system doesnt sound right and ppl said its probably because of my HU. I have the factory HU to a 03 Ford Focus and i bought a lineout converter for the RCA cables. I think thats the problem. So i wanna get a HU it doesnt have to look good or be special, but that will make my system sound better with better sq and spl. I have a Lanzar 268 amp and 2 12" cvrs. So i was thinking about this HU for now:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?State=NM&showship=ok&stk_code=lanvbd400mp

Its cheap but thats all the money i got for now and it matches the brand of my amp so cool. It has RCA outputs to it too. So My question is do you think this HU will make my subs sound better than my Factory HU?? Thanx guys. If not is thier any around that price?

Username: L_stay_fly

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 8
yea id say...your HU can make alot of difference...not sure about the Lanzar amp though...but the kicker subs is the way to go

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2943

quote:

So i wanna get a HU it doesnt have to look good or be special, but that will make my system sound better with better sq and spl

I wouldn't suggest getting a Lanzar head unit, then.

Have you checked ebay for Pionner or even Panasonic? Heck, even Sony would be a better alternative.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 293
Thanx jexx but i dont shop off ebay. Would you recommend anything about the same price of the HU i was gonna get at a trusted site? Thanx. And my factory HU is huge like height so is their away i can fit a smaller HU in it with it fitting?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 294
So could a HU make such a difference for example: with a not so good one make your subs sound like crap good spl but no sq, and a good HU make your subs sound really good with better spl and good sq? I know its not my subs or my amp so its either my HU or my enclosure which im pretty sure its not my enclosure. O and what should i look for in a HU? Thanx guyz....

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 295
What about these HU's: Pioneer DEH-1700 CD Receiver and Pioneer DEH-1800 CD Receiver? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1941
the HU is the fist thing in the system. if it sends out crap signals, the amps will amplify the crap making it crappier, then the speakers will play the crap and it'll all sound like crap.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 297
Thanx brandon. What do you think about those pionneer decks i posted? Plez help....Will it make my system sound good? Thanx

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 298
lol, brandon i like the way you put it like that!!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2945
Yeah, they sell install kits so you can fit a standard size head unit into your oversized factory radio opening. The Pioneer's you mentioned would be great head units. Just make sure they have enough pre-outs to hook up what you want.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 302
Thank you very much JEXX which HU would you go with whats the difference? Where would i be able to find one of those kits at? Thanx.....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7629
what brandon said is perfectly right .

ur best bet is 2 buy the highest model PREMIER HU u can afford , premier is even better than reg pioneer HUs

Look 4 a HU that has L/R & sub preouts , system will sound alot better & save u from buying xover too.....

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 304
which HU would you go with whats the difference? Where would i be able to find one of those kits at?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us