Amp making engine noise and popin noise from my subs

Username: L_stay_fly

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 3
anyone ever had this problem with your amp makin engine noise? I checked my ground and its good...tried a different amp and it plays ok jus not enough watts for my subs....So im guessin its the amp. Is there anything out there i can try to fix this besides buyin a new amp or sendin in to be fixed??? Also tried a noise reducer still same **** What inside the amp could go wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 108
what's kind of the amp you have ??? did you try to ground the amp's chasis ??

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 6
i have a kole audio 1440..this is the exact amp http://acaraudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=47&products_id=1152&osCsi d=e25561819cadf2c61e35969e0ffae09c

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 7
nah neva tried to ground the amps chasis..jus hooked it up like its suppose to be hooked up...not even sure where the amp chasis is....

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1940
noise is from a bad ground 95% of the time. if you hooked up a different amp exactly how the other one was hooked up and it worked fine, then its prob the amp.

do you have the gains set properly??

Bronze Member

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 23
yea Brandon everything set properly...guess its jus this cheap made amp.....kole audio 1440...but its not the ground...something inside the amp went wrong not sure what...then i jus got the s.o.b back from power acoustiks for repair....so i think imma jus get another amp and prolly take a baseball bat to this kole crap

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 375
SELL IT TO A DUMB KID>>>>>!!!LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us