Need comp. Advice!

Username: Mythy225719

Post Number: 1
Hi, My name is Josh and I'm looking for some realy good components! I have CDT Kama's And while I love there clairity they have no mid bass and are too quiet! I have them fully powered via a amp...

I can fit 6 3/4's Will get a matching amp, I can spend up too $350 for speakers. Will most likly buy from ebay...

My concerns are that I drive a dodge avenger with a moon roof so when I am on the raod my speakers tend to get drownd out... I have no rears as of yet and My trunk has a MTX 8500 in a ported box...

I am looking for a set that has high SPL out put.. so I can actualy hear them...' Yet retain decent SQ...

Thanks for your help!

Josh

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 715
why not just upgrade to one of CDT's higher end sets.

Post Number: 2
I havnt ever herd any others.. How much improvement will there be in the mids? How loud do they get? I'm used to infinity's.. thats how loud I wana go!

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 717
LOL...Infinitys...only thKama are like the Infinity, the rest are all above the Perfects. If you like midbass go with the HD's. Make sure your doors are well done too. And get power to them atleast 175rms.

Post Number: 3
ok, I was looking at the HD's But I am having a hard time finding a amp that will give them 175 - 180 RMS. And most are rated at 14.4V Mine get a max of 13.8 Volts?? So Should I be looking at a 200W RMS rated amp? Since there will be less voltage?

Also, what amp brands are good? Memphis, alpine?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 718
i like the JL Slash series cause its a regulated power supply and impedenance matching too. I would look at a 200rms amp and just be careful on the gains. Just don't get SOny, Pyle, or things of that sort.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1927
Phoenix Gold made a Xenon series amp that was 200wrmsX2 if you can find one. they stopped making them. Kicker's ZX series might have a 2 channel amp that'll work, can't remember.

i had the HD 3 way set up on a JL 300/2 and it was nice. kept up pretty well with my 13W7.

Post Number: 4
Phoenix Gold? They make good amps? Sorry.. I'm very new to this... I will buy the HD-62 when funds permit. But I'm still undecided on the amp/power to give them....

Post Number: 9
any other advice on the amp type? Brand? I'm likeing helix but damn thats expensive...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us