Audiobahn, orion, or jl????

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 86
ok well i just sold my rockford power hx2 which was 1000 rms, and im jus tryin to relive some strain off my alternator, so i don't knwo abotu you guys on here but i reallly like the rockford he2/hx2 models form liek 2001-2002, and im thinking about getting just 2 12 inch he2's dual 2 ohms....which are 400 rms each, i already have a orion 1200d and a jl 500/1 at my house, i feel if i ran the speakrs like at ohn ohm the 1200 watts would be too much, but the orion at 2 ohms is only 725 which, and i heard the jl will put out 750, but i was also thinkin about seliling each and saving money by gettin an audiobahn a800t and running the subs at 2 ohms, i geuss my question is as to what do you guys tink i shoudl do..thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 968
i dont think that 1200 watts is too much. thats giving each sub 600 watts. you would just have to keep ur gain down a lil and you would be fine. however, the a8000t with dual 2 ohm subs would actually be great. so either way i will be saticfied

Bronze Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 87
ohhk well if you really think 1200 wouldnt' be too much, i might just stickw ith that, but i knwo orion rates there amps at like 13.8 or wahtever, i just have a stock 130amp altnernator, so i don't know if i'd be getting the whole 1200 watts anyways since i havent like upgraded my electical system or anything.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 461
Not trying to hijack your thread, but would like to warn everyone about upgrading their alts. I did a temporary install of a KX1200.1 last week in my 4-Runner. The fact that I didn't upgrade my alt. first got me stuck on a mountain for about 4 hours last night/this morning. We had my system on for about 4-5 hours and only cranked it a couple times. Even without playing it at a high volume, it still drained my battery to the point it couldn't start the engine. Make sure you upgrade your alt. with these high-powered amps!

Bronze Member

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 88
well most cars wiht stock alternators have like 105 amps and maybe lower, but my cougar is liek the special edition and has a 130 amp altnernator, so i mean when i had my rockford power 12 runnin at ohn ohm, i saw slight dimming, i mena that is why i might not use the orion and just get the audiobahn because that woudl be saving 400 watts, so i think im goin to sell the orion and 500/1, and just get the audiobahn, u don't htink the audiobahn will overheat though do ya, i know the chromed out amps tend to get hot quicker than other types..

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 971
no. i have that same amp. i have the a8002t version wired at 4 ohms for about 8 months now and i havent got 1 problem at all. ti never gets hot, and never goes into protection. and yes, i said that 1200 watts wont be overkill but the a8000t would give ur subs the recc. amount of watts, = better for subs and you can have ur gain a lil higher than if u had 1200 watts.

i would hook everyhting up and see how ur alt. handles it,and then upgrade. you dont have to RUSH beacsue i have seen people with 90 amp alt. with 1200 watts and the lights dont even dim so..

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 135
i would get the a8000t. ive had mine in my '91 prelude with stock alt. and the lights dont dim and the amp has never gotten hot... plus its benched at it's rated watts which i believe was at 12 volts

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 145
Scratch the Audiobahn, stick with the Orion 1200d, rock solid amp, clean power, and if your afraid your going to blow the subs-just keep the gain low and your set.

-a‡€Xv3O5
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us