Need some recomendations

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 83
ok well i just sold my rockford hx2 power 12 and now i need to get somethin else...i have a 2000 cougar, so my hatchback trunk isn't the biggest, i was thinking abotu getting 2 12 w3's or i was thinking about 1 15....what kind of 15 woudl you guys recommend for about liek $270, i have an orion 1200d and a 500/1 at my house, so i mean i already got the amp set up, im a nice big spl fan, but i don't wanna get the l7's or l5's because my friends have had them and they always seem to blow...but just let me knwo what you guys think...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 458
what about a kicker cvx?

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 110
What about an RE SX 15 for that Orion 1200d?

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 85
waht are your guy's experience wiht the l7's/l5's...have you ever blown any of them...my friend has a 15 l7 wiht a rockfrod 1001bd on it and he's blown it like 3 times...i mena he has a warranty on it and stuff but he still hast o pya for shipping and stuff....but just wondering

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2690
my brother went through 4 L7s...

id reccommend the CVX over the L7

Silver Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 101
L7's square design makes them kinda crappy :-) Look into the RE and the AA lines. Some really good stuff there, and its always great to out-thump the kickers and the alpines and the audiobahns with an not-so-well known sub :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5757
because of the square design they are have many stress points at high excursions. I don't reccomend either of them at all unless playing test tones in a SPL set-up and thats it. They are not musical at all and are highly unreliable as your friend has shown you. For under $300 the SX is a good option, the ascendant audio arsenal, ID max on ebay, Treo SSI 15 will sound good with that amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us