Little problem thats unknown affecting my sound a lot!! Plez help...

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 240
Today my friend bought 1 of my 12" kicker cvr and payed me for it and i installed his amp. He has a small ghetto sony xplode 600 watt amp but i hooked it up for him. He has an old school chevy not sure the year of it and it sounded pretty good for that small amp and 1 12". My question is when i had my kicker in my car i have pretty damn good spl but i think my SQ isnt worth a sh!t if im sure the difference between them. what could my problem be? I have an 03 ford focus. Is it my deck? Its the factory deck. I bought 1 of those converters where you connect the wires from it to the back of the HU and then on the other side you connect the RCA's. Is it my HU thats screwing up my sound? Dont get me wrong it hits really hard but there is some kind of a difference. Can anyone help me out? I have a 268 lanzar amp that puts out plenty of power? It wasnt the enclosure cuz i had the same ported enclosure in my car that was the 1 the Kicker was in that i sold him. Plez help!!

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1348
"I have a 268 lanzar amp that puts out plenty of power"

Doubt it.......however, his sony isn't much better (if any). I would say it probably is the HU. After market decks put out more power. Also, every setup reacts differently in each car too...

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 746
yeah it could be you be that cause thosse are knowed to make the subs ound like crap lol. so you saying the sub sounds better in your friends car? and he has a aftermarket deck right?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 242
Well 923 watts rms is plenty for 2 12" kicker cvr's. It shoudlnt sound better in his truck he has his on his seat, i have mine in the trunk with the seats down. What NEMEN? He has a panasonic deck. Mines the factory deck.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 243
Same with my uncles. He has a sony xplode 1600 watt amp pushing 2 12" sonys in a ported enclosure in his explorer they sound way better than mine but mine hits harder it doesnt make sense. Im talking about like if your standing outside the car or in a house or building and it sounds like surround or if your in the car. Its really hard to explain.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 245
My friend has RCA outputs on his HU.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 247
Help Rovin, Chauncey someone!!

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 252
help

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 256
help

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 258
help

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
lol no one i gonna want to help you now cause your being impatience.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 259
help! jk im board.

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
lol.
so in smaller words what do you wanna know i cant really get whut ur saying you wanna know why it sounds better in his truck?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 265
Ya and y in the fluck my doesnt sound like n e 1 elses i have more power. Damn it im switchin to sony! Jk lol.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6767
its ur hu, get another 1

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 268
Damn kool thanx chauncey brown ur da shizznit! Do u have ne recomendations for 1? I dont want the best 1 in the world just 1 that would sound right. Possibly 1 for 100 dollaz?? W/RCA outs. Thanx..

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6768
do u buy on ebay??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 269
Naw too complicated i usually only buy off etronics. It has i pretty big selection of stuff.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 270
*a* (correction)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6769
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-PREMIER-DEH-P480MP-AM-FM-CD-MP3-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ 9716864090QQcategoryZ39752QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 271
Any other recs.?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6770
etronics has a lot of sh!tty stuff

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 272
Aw ima cry now....jk Wut about a lanzar HU? Its not best compared to that Pioneer premier one but it should fufill my sound emptiness that im lacking right? I want it to match my 268 amp.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6771
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=piodeh2800mp&store=&catid=317

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 273
kool is that HU good?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6772
nice starter hu

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 274
Think ill make my subs sound like i want them to? Picture?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6773
yeah

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 275
Kool thanx chauncey. Im tired ima crash peace......

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 983
It may not be his HU. I run a stock HU all day with a PAC adapter, the line out converters that you attach to speaker wires SUCK and should not be used. Mine sounds great and the preouts put out a solid 4v (measured with a 40 hz tone). Also look at the differences of the vehicles, could be the fact your focus has a lot of cr@p plasics like all new cars do and the old Chevy is mostly of steel. Most of the newer factory HU's are pretty good, even though a factory HU may sound a little better but don't get one to hide other problems you could be having with your interior. I found the best way to eliminate interior problems it to eliminate the interior piece by piece. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 276
lol polo. I dont think its my car cuz ive heard my same system even in an old school hatchback funny looking car made of steel. It was still lacking the sound that i was talking about. Im using 1 of those converters cuz my factory HU doesnt have RCA outs so i think ill be cool if i just buy a HU with RCA outs. Is that what its called on the back of a HU "AMP PREOUTS"? Thanx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 277
Hey polo wuts a PAC adapter??

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 998
www.pac-audio.com/

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 285
where do i find 1 of those adapters that u use on that site?? Thanx.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 882
Maybe your LPF or gain on your amp might be what is affecting yours system.
If you do get a new HU I would recomend any pioneer premier I have a 860MP its my pride and joy .

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 286
Rave'n wut should i have my LPF and gain around on my amp?
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=Line%20Output%20 Converters
Check it out i have exactly 1 of those lineout converters connected to my HU so maybe its not my HU? Unless i connected it wrong. Thanx guyz.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 287
Rave'n what should i have my LPF and gain to? I have a lanzar 268 amp and 2 12" kicker cvr's. Thanx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 289
Also can this be the problem: i have my remote turn on wire connected to a toggle switch. Where i have split the wire in half and put 1 of the halves to the power on the amp with the other side to the toggle switch, and the other half of the wire to the remote on the amp with the other side of that wire going to the toggle switch. Could that be the problem? Thanx guyz....

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 884
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/l-ported-box.htm

That does not matter that low power signal wire is just to let your amp know to turn on. If you pluged it in to a 8 volt battery it would turn on your amp. if it were loose your amp might cut out.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 885
Did you try turning up your LPF just a little bit?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 291
Yup. I tried screwin wit that already. Around where do you think it should be set? 40 hz?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us