OT : jeep wrangler

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2083
my brothers friend is selling a 1997 jeep wrangler 4.0 l sport model for $5000 and has 70,000 miles on it and it has a new paintjob and looks real nice ... but does that sound like a good deal for it ? and also how many miles to the gallon would it get giving an estimate

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2084
i could take the backseat out and have room for a pretty big box

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6748
dont get that, no way ur gonna get more then 15/16 mpg city....And gas is going up

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5721
in my old jeep I got 10mi/gal but it was mostly due to the lift and larger tires. When it was stock if I had a bad day and someone pissed me offI got about 12mi/gal and if I was laid back I got about 15 but that was rare! lol That is a good price for that though

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2085
i didnt know .. i know since it was 4wd it wouldnt be good but didnt know what it would be around

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 180
HAHA. Speaking of gas mileage. A friend of mine has a 1970 sumthin VW rabbit. It's a diesel and he has sumthin like 46 or 47 horsepower, and it gets like 49 mpg. The thing looks like a squashed beetle, but he lasts about 4 weeks on a full tank.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 182
^^Thats in town by the way...its like 55-60 freeway.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5723
hahaha my brother had a VW rabbit diesel in 1988 that thing was such a piece of trash lol but yes he got fantastic gas milage. He also has a gas one that we used to have to push it down the road and pop the clutch in the morning before school to get it started lol!

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 187
HAHA sweet. Man it would great to get that kind of gas mileage. It's bullsh!t that they wont release the patents for all the things that get high gas mileage.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2248
this reminds me of the silverado hybrid chevy is making...not a bad idea

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5750
it's cr@p! it gets 1-2 mpg batter I just saw it at the Car show in NYC.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5752
I agree with you Jordan they have had the technology for years just wont release it because they would cripple the oil companies.(B@STARDS!)

Bronze Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 96
The best cars that should come back cause of this gas problem are the honda crx. The 1.3L carb motor got like 45mpg and on top of it that car is amazing for a system theres a guy in my town that has one with 4 15s in a wall style and it is insane. Instead all the companys keep making these gas guzzling trucks, see how long they last

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 112
My 83 is a 6 cyl and gets like 14-16. Wranglers leak really bad though... I wouldnt reccomend a system in one.

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 194
I hate wranglers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us