Don't know whats wrong

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 203
i have 2 12" re se's in a 2 cu. ft. box sealed. It is divided into two separated 1 cu ft. chambers. I opened the trunk today to look at something ad realized that one of the subs wasnt moving. So i went and turned the car of and then turned it back on and the sub magically started working again. But it doesnt seem to have the excursion of the other subs and it doesnt seem to be as loud. so i pulled it out to see if something inside was wrong, i dont know why i did this since i dont really know much aboust subs anyways, but everything seemed alright. Si i checkled all the wiring and it all seemed alright. So i kept the sub out of the box and i kept it playing on free air and it sounded fine. So i put it back into the box and it sounds like the cone is loose. I dont really know how to explain what im hearing, but it doesnt sound right it sounds like something is loose. But it only happens when it is inside the box. The amp is a kicker 1200.1 so i dont think that im overpowering them since it is still on the factory amp. Sorry for the long post i just want to see if i can explain it as best i can

Bronze Member
Username: Rwells

Atlanta, Georgia United States

Post Number: 49
im having the same problem with my kicker cvr's. one of them sounds like it is rattling in free air but it sounds like from what ppl are saying that i burnt out one of my voice coils. look at your voice coils and see if any of the insulation on the wire is melted or anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us