Showdown: ID Max vs. Stereo Integrity Mag 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 42
OK...I've narrowed my search for a subwoofer to these two brands. My selection criterion was solely based on sound quality. I listen to a lot of rock and techno and I need a woofer that can keep up with the beat.

I'm going to install only one 12" subwoofer in a sealed fiberglass enclosure in my car, and I'm going to run 1000W rms to it.

I've been monitoring these forums for a few months now and it seems that there is no consensus on which one of these is the better subwoofer.

(I realize that the ID Max v3 is out of production now and that if I chose to buy the ID Max I'd have to buy the new version (v4)...which nobody has heard yet. Presumably the new version will be improved, but for the sake of comparisons let's just talk about the v3 version that people on this list have heard.)

I want to know which is "better". When I say "better" I mean that I want a sub that can seamlessly integrate low-end frequencies with my upfront component speakers. I want it to play crystal clear, note-by-note, with no droning or rumbling. These are my priorities. However, if these subs will also set off car alarms as I drive by then that's just icing on the cake.

1) So which one is best?
2) Why is it better?
3) Where can I get one? (Is anybody on this list a dealer for either company?)

Thanks, guys.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 123
hmm i wonder wat alteraudiousa will say?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1913
lol, Alteraudio really seems to love his SI Mag.

i can't remember the site, but there is someone who sells online. Alter will know.

I haven't heard either in person, so i can't really say which is better. but i do know that there are no IDMAX's being made right now. the new ones will be out around the end of the summer i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Havok13154

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 16
i'm buying a mag in a month or so. getting a 15" i forgot the website. i'm not getting it though them though.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2675
www.showrides.net

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 708
showrides.com, or you can ask Ben on here. Either sub will do very well for you. The IDMAX is a killer one, one of my favorites, but not my favorite. The Mag 12 is actually a beast of a sub and definitely the bully of the two subs. While I look at the MAX as a little more finesse, the Mag just bulls its way. Max has a solid SQ like the Mag and both are pretty much the same. I always notice the Mag against pretty much every sub i've tried, especially the 12, has the best low ends kicking it really hard. For me if you want something that can set off car alarms, get the Mag. The Mag 12 has a stiffer suspension than the 15 I now have and can handle gobs of power. I had no troubles pushing the Mag to my amps limits(concept CC-D1200 underrated so probably 1300rms to 1400) and it still wanted more. I hit low 140s on the mic with one Mag sealed with 1200rms. Get it in a ported/vented box and it would be quite nice.

Bronze Member

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 17
so the 12 will set off a car alarm better then the 15?

i want everyone around me to feel my bass

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2685
no, 15 will have more ouput then the 12. if that wasnt true nobody would want a 15 lol.

Bronze Member

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 18
good. i want everyone to feel my bass and get pissed there isn't as loud becasue they went to curcity city and got 2 12" for $99, buy 1 get 1 free. LOL

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 714
either one has the chance of putting off car alarms. I accidently did driving in the mall parking lot and it was on the other aisle. I was listening to Perfect Circle. But the IMo the 12 can take more of a beating than the 15 due to the stiffer suspension but the 15 will get louder than the 12 if everything else is the same. If i had the money I would have gotten two 12s but i'm happy with one 15.

Bronze Member

Poway san diego, Ca USA

Post Number: 19
i'm getting the same sub you got, hehe unless the one now are differnt. powering it with a 1000x1 1ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 44
Alteraudio:

Are you saying that the IDMax is better than the SI Mag for sound quality? Is this what you mean by "a little more finesse"?

Or are you saying that they are tied for sound quality but that the SI Mag just gets far louder than the ID Max? If they are equal for sound quality and if the Mag is just plain louder then it is a no-brainer decision it seems.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 730
the Mag is just flat out louder. The SQ is the same, MAX may have a slghtly higher extension into the 90hz range but 80hz and below they're even and at 40hz and below the Mag is just a bully of a sub. Mag is much a SQL sub than the Max.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us