Is it blown!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rwells

Atlanta, Georgia United States

Post Number: 44
Ive had 2 12" cvr's for about three months now and for about a week only one has been working right. the other one is not moving at all. when i have the music playing i can push down on the sub just about half a centimeter and it will start bumpin again and then it will sort of play a little but make a little noise where it sounds like something is rattling inside of it. Do you think its blown? i checked the wires and everything is good.

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 52
ggggg, doesnt sound good to me but i really am not the person to ask. i am just starting to understand the intricacies of the car audio world.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 3018
sounds like a burnt VC to me or something.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 171
I had the same thing happen to my L7. I found a guy who will fix it for about $40 plus shipping, i can give you his address if you need it. He told me it was a common kicker problem. It's not blow tho, it can be fixed.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 3020
There's that Kicker quality for ya!!! :-O

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
the sub actually sounds more like when where you will put your fingernail up to the sub when its hitting, and it makes a rattling noise. its actually playing now since i took it out and put it back in. and i think you could be right about the VC because one of the VC's, the insulation was sort of peeled back and in one place it looked like it was spliced. but at the end of the wire on the VC where it connected to the cone, it would flop around real easily instead of it being where it shouldn't move if you shook the sub up and down. sort of like it was coming out of the socket or somethan.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 173
Lol..thats why i jumped onto treo. Hopefully 2 15 SSIs wont disappoint me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
so is there a way i could replace the VC without sending it in or do you think its the VC or what?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 175
I'm not really sure what the actual problem is. I have no clue how to fix it myself.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1345
had that problem.........your sub is fried my friend.........Same as muddy said, your VC is shot

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1504
maybe one of your tinsel leads came off?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us