Finally finished my install.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 102
Finally finished my install. Just got my amp back from the shop, Installed and finalized all the wiring. Now Running 5 speaker amps, 1 sub amp, 2 caps, and 10 6x9s, and 2 3.5s. Also EQ. Damm what a pain wiring it all up. Thing sounds good for low end components. Not a whine or a whistle.
What do you's think????

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 259
why all of these amp ..

its nice but its look like an audio shop ..

Very nice ..

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 142
yea lol

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1256
i like your subwoofer box. looks very good.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1336
I can't pick out where that is, lol.....is that sub box laid on the seat or something?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2638
"Now Running 5 speaker amps, 1 sub amp, 2 caps, and 10 6x9s, and 2 3.5s. Also EQ. Damm what a pain wiring it all up."

U wire up your HO alternator too then??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3869
looks like a killer man. good job.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1339
that's a lot of wires! good job :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 77
SWEET!

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 104
Being a conversion van the Alt is allready HO, Also the sub box is sitting on the seat and then secured to the seatbelt mounting. Couldnt fit it in anywhere else, Blocks two of my speakers though...

Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1342
That's on the side of the van right?

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 106
yea, behind drivers seat, on the side wall and box is on passanger seat. There is 6 6x9 on the window sill. Box is blocking 2 of em. Also I controll the amps in groups via 4 dash mount switches running off a relay Bottom left of pic.

.Upload

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 107
This is the area without the sub box and sub amp installed.

Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1344
is it loud??

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 108
loud enough for me, I dont want to go deaf..
I work at a concert venue so I hear LOUD all summer long...
But ya it gets pretty loud. The Polk 6x9 are getting @ 130rms each
The pineer 6x9 are around 140rms each. the other 6 6x9 get between 25rms and 85rms each

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 111
Man, is this set up cool, I spent like two hours just adjusting settings on all the amps, EQ, and HU. I believe I got it dialed in just right. For cheap azz components I am pretty impressed with overall sound quality. I quess its true, SQ will be only as good as the install.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 385
little bit to busy lookin for me.
And since your mounting these components in the open at least buy some zip ties and wire loom.
This install does not look clean at all, however I think its very cool you mounted the top amp in a place out of the ordinary.
Another little trick that would help this install out alot in my opinion would be pretty simple, go to Autozone, buy a can of tan vinyl/fabric spray and some tan carpet.
Re-cover the 6x9 box with the tan carpet, then take all your 6x9 grill covers and paint them with the vinyl spray.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 849
I dont really care for the way it looks I would have put the L7 in the back out of sight.
And you said its a conversion van can't you take those seat completely out?
I like your sub box that is nice.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1505
wow, i'm sorry but thats just begging to be stolen...

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 170
lol...yea exactly my thoughts

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 114
Every thing is wire loomed, Theres probable 2 miles of wire running around there. Do you have any idea how many wires it takes for each amp? Minimum of seven, Times that by 6 and I think you get the idea. Dont forget the RCAs and caps. I like to see you post your "neat wiring".
And PS If I wanted it to Blend I wouldnt have Flamed the sub box....

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 386
" I like to see you post your "neat wiring". "

Come on man, i'm just givin ya some pointers, your the person asking us for our opinions. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 747
yeah if you got the box in the seat just take the ssseat out lol no one is gonna be sitting on it anyway.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2649
well man, i guess ill be the 1st to say, and not water down.... :-)
I have alot of questions....
what size HO alternator is it?
its ALOT over done!! why do u need 10 6x9s? what about imagaing?? all them speakers in 1 spot??
why so many amplifiers? whats the total rms on them?
I would remove the seat, then bolt the sub box to the floor, u get better sound from it aimin it correctly...
yes its alot of wires, I would keep a extingusher in the cabin with u!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7588
agreed ! ^^^^^^^^ , also whats with the cheezy fabric selection !? ...

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 388
IT's a SH!T install, sorry man, it is. For a beginner its ok, but if anything ever came to me looking that I'd have to tell them it all needs to be ripped out and re insalled, not to mention half of it isnt needed due the amount of cancellation it's producing, having zero staging with multiple brand drivers being ran with different amounts of power?, hmm.
I'm sorry man, not only is the install crap but so is the system's layout. Looks worse than a pawn shop's bench for testing.
Ask yourself the questions B gave ya.

I do have to give you 100% props for doing the install yourself though, very cool man, keep on installing, its how we ALL learn, the more you do the better you'll get. We all start out somewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 751
lol yeah why i everything in one side of the van? and you said the box is blocking two of the 6x9s why not put those 6x9 somewhere else? Andd if you get into an accident that box is gonna come back and hit you in the head.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7589
well i didnt want 2 hurt the guy's feelings b4 but Zac is so right , i can't undersatnd the thinking that went into that set up .......

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 855
"And if you get into an accident that box is gonna come back and hit you in the head."
Good point.^^

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2654
:-) that was just TOO FUNNY... NEMEN!!!! He gonna pass out jed...

yea, my point is EXACTLY what Zac Davis said!! He has to learn some point in time.... I try to be nice.... But its hard when it LOOKS like THIS!! :-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 389
Your right Rovin,
I'm sorry marc, i was a little harsh on ya, the install is very good for a do it your selfer.
Being a professional installer for 15 years I tend to be a little critical.
Just try to remember some of those suggestions when building your next system, I have a feeling you love car audio and this wont be your last system, I'll look forward to seeing more from you. If you ever need any help e-mail me anytime.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 115
YaYa whaever.
The van is a work van. Behind the sub box is shelfing for tools and supplies. The area on the floor in front of the amps is now filled with power tools. No all the 6x9 are not clustered there. There is 2 Polk 6x9 in the door and 3.5 in the dash running of 1 amp stereo. Two kenwood 6x9 in the back pillars off 1 amp stereo.
These are the ones I run for crusing. When I want a little more, I bump the switch that turns on the mid three amps for the Speaker box. and lastly the switch that turns on the sub amp. As far as removing the seat, This Sub (Less box) will be moved to my 1954 Olds soon when I put a system in there. none of this crap either. That will be a nice stealth set up.
Thanks for your input...
BTW that box is secured to the seatbelt mounting, and the shelving.
The reason all that stuff is in there is because it was laying around, yo know how it starts.. put one thing in, Ok, lets put two in, uhm, lets put another one in. ect. ect. ect...

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2681
:-) thats a loud work van... LOL

"When I want a little more, I bump the switch that turns on the mid three amps for the Speaker box. and lastly the switch that turns on the sub amp. "

and when the lights start blinking, u can just flick the switch back off too..

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 346
I was wondering if all conversion vans come with a HO alt???? if so wats the amps?? Mostly a chevy astro or gmc safari??

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 351
Anyone?????

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2251
now i personnaly dont like the design of the box(the fire) but the build quality looks nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us