Infinity Reference Subs. Bandpass(ported) or sealed?

Mike
i want to get infinity references 10's or 12's but im not sure if i should get sealed or bandpass(ported). do you guy s have any suggestions?
thanks

Derek
I have a spreadsheet that calculates these things. The 12s require from 3.8 to 8 cu. ft. for a low Q (smooth, extended) sealed - response of 30 to 34 Hz. Vented is not recommended but they theoretically could do 17 Hz in a 13 cu ft. box. The 10s can do 38 to 42 in a 0.8 to 2.4 cu ft. sealed box and 18 Hz in a 13.8 cu. ft. box.

Try getting your hand on a copy of the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook. Madisound, Solen, Old Colony sound labs and even Radio Shack sometimes sells it. This is all theory of cource

Amazon has it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1882580338

Some of the fomulas can be had at http://diyaudiocorner.tripod.com/formula.htm.

Also I have a couple of the 10s laying around and the proper sealed enclosure.

Mike
thanks for helping me out. I am also interested in your 10's and your sealed box. what kind of speakers are they and how much are we looking at.
thanks

Derek
I have a pair of 10" Reference 1020Ws. 250 watts RMS, 1000 Peak (they say) in a grey carpetted rectangular 2 cubic foot box. The speakers are used and were in my girlfriends integra. They work perfectly though and the box is as clean as new. I do not have grills or stuffing inside. You can have the whole thing for $75 if you pay for shipping. I don't care. I won't be using them anytime soon.

I haven't sold anything over the Internet. Send me an email address and we can do the deal.

Mike
how did the subs sound in her car? if they sounded okay i will consider buying them but the shipping would be 60 bucks! Here my email lilshov@hotmail.com or my AIM lilshov

Jack Me Off, beatch
Derek is a f-ag boy, who licks my dick at night

Jack Me Off, Beatch
mike's e-mail, lilshov, actually means, he loves his fudge pushed in.

Andrew
Whats wrong? Mad because Derek actually knows what he's talking about

if you would like the proper box design for a lower rated amp, let me know...i have 1 12" reference sub powering my home theatre...shakes the hell outta my house..with a 110w amp..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us