Tips for Edeading

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 207
I just put on the first coat today after school and it went on pretty thin and i hardly used any of the edead in the can. I rolled a bit more on one of the first surfaces i painted that had already dried a little and it went on way nicer and thicker. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for a better install? i have edead v3, and how many coats do most people do?
I noticed my back tail lights and the whole back panel shake and rattle the most, so i took the back off my car and cleaned it and put a coat there too. Hopefully that will work.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 208
just bumpin. Anyone know the recommended drying time for certain temperatures? i cant find anything on elemental designs site.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 639
I am currently in the midst of doing my car with eXvibration, it's sound deadening in the can as well...I left my cans inside overnight in the warmest room in my house and I mixed it with a bit of damn near boiling water when I used it the next day (not sure if you can mix edead with water, you can with my stuff)...made it very, very easy to spread

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 938
Heh.. Shawn, I literally was pouring edead out of the can and spreading it.. Used quite a bit doing it this way though.. And it dosnt look super neat and tidy, but unless you're going to be showing off what's underneath your carpet a lot, this will get it nice and super thick, and I had no problems getting it even.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 702
well i used edead v3 over top my v1se. Also used it in corners and all. You need about 5 times going back and adding on top of what you have done. Keep on tapping it til it sounds different to tap it.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 209
I put the back of my car back together after 3 coats on everything. I put the subs in the trunk and noticed a BIG difference, hardly any rattle at all, but theres still something under the car that rattles. I took a piece of metal off and put caulking around it and ill edead over that when it dries tomorrow. Its a piece that covers a hole where my spare tire sits, so hopefully the rattle quits. I think ill still put another one or two coats on the back of the trunk just to be safe. Even after that ill still have half a can left. Anyone have any idea where i should apply the rest? Nothing else really rattles that much, just around the trunk area. Maybe ill cover the fire wall and get rid of some road and engine noise. Thanks for the help everyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us