Wow....i hate math.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 3003
I just figured out that my box is tuned to 40hz.........not 30hz.....and my sub-son is set to 25hz.:-( but my sub hasn't ever unloaded.....only once when i was playing some Chopped and Screwed music with the Sub-son off.....hmmmmm

the guy who built my box said he tuned it to 30 hz....and that he tunes all of his DD boxes to 30 hz.....but i went on their website and i figured out that my box is roughly 1.5cuft. after port volume and such and then their port recommendations almost matched mine....theirs said 22.something inches of port area....i have 21" and their port lentgh is 16"....so is mine...and it says that those dimensions tune the box to 40hz.

I also went onto some port calculator sites and put my info in and in order to get a 30 hz tuned box my port length would have to be like 31 inches, but if i put in to tune it to 40 hz.....it calculates the port length to 16 inches......:-(

i hate having to find sh1t out the hard way.....but i don't understand my sub still gets low.......

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2613
hmm, alot of people make that mistake muddy!!
but your box is tuned PERFECT for a DD!! 40hz is the sweet spot! Leave it @ 40 man!!
Treo recomends DD tuning... and my new box will be 40hz!! People dont realize 40hz gets crazy low!!
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7545
well strangly DD recommends u tune their subs to 40hz !.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 3004
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was getting a little worried there for a second....thought i was gonna have to get another box built. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3005
i know they recommend 40 hz.....but why so high?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 766
if you liked it, why would it matter?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1604
lol good thing i just showed u that email huh muddy

Gold Member

Post Number: 3006
it doesn't.....lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3007
i am just pissed b/c i at one point in time thought i had a 1000 series DD....then when i got my new bass amp and had to take out the sub to rewire with bigger wires i founf ou tit was a 2500.

then i was told tha my box was tuned to 30 hz...and i just found out that it was tuned to 40 hz.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7548
thats y if u want it done right then - DIY ! ..lol....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3008
YES!!!! lol

but they are Excellent guys and i wouldn't trust anybody else......if oyu knew the owner you would understand....haha!

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 527
How low can a 40hz tuned box get without harming the subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3009
after 40hz the box can't control the excursion of the sub very well at high volumes so it will unload below 40hz

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7557
that's true ^^^ but i'm guessing with DD's "bullet-proof" durabilty it might not damage it , just imo ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3011
yeah. i have done bass sweeps that go down to like 20hz amd i have it pretty loud and the sub-son set to 25hz and it has never bottomed out.

the only time it has bottomed out was when i played it like the first day i got my new amp, and i didn't have the sub-son on.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us