Why does this amp suck?

Username: Sgerard

Post Number: 4
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-KAC-9102D-1700W-Mono-ClassD-Power-Amplifier-NEW_W0QQ itemZ9717623935QQcategoryZ79828QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

everyone is saying that this amp sucks.
My question is

Why does the amp suck?

even if it puts out 100 - 150 less RMS than it claims, it still doesnt suck

It also seems like it would keep cool along with an extra fan.

people are so hung up on the brands of stuff.

you guys all think the sound quality is bad or what??

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 162
idk.. maybe it's one of those things that just suck .. it needs no explanation to suck.. lol...

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1320
yeah, they don't put out their ratings, but deff pick it over boss and all that stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 21
I'd say it sucks because those saying it are too adapted to 5000w rms subz and 10000w amps.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 335
don't pay attention to that^^^^^

kenwood mono amps suck because from what i've been told, seen, and read bout them they overheat, even with the fan, and shut off constantly. also kenwood amps are overrated. still better then most budget amps, but if your looking for a really good mono amp look at other brands before kenwood.

Username: Maclah

Post Number: 6
Hey Shawn,

imho, I suggest saving your money so you dont regret buying something that eventually is going to be replaced anyway!

I was going to buy a cheaper amp for my Type R's but eventually came to the conclusion that i should at least invest in a quality amp. Not saying that mine is the best, but it sure as hell was worth the wait.

Good luck mate.

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 77
I say get the cheap kenwood, upgrade later. Then you wont be stuck with the expensive amp later.

Bronze Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 98
If you are going to get a Kenwood, Look at this one, It is a much better amp internally. I have seen inside of both side by side and the X811D has more caps and Diodes plus a regulated power supply. The price is @ the same...

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-excelon-KAC-X811D-1600Watt-Mono-Amplifier-amp-N_W0QQ itemZ9717239029QQcategoryZ79828QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6693
There is a reason it is that price, think about it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7552
In car audio there r 3 sayings :

1) U GET WHAT U PAY FOR !

2) DO IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME !

3) IF ALOT OF KNOWLEDGABLE PPL TELL U SOMETIME SUX - THEN LISTEN TO THEM

From what i heard - the lowest econo amp any1 should buy is Hifonics & maybe a few models of Audiobahn ....

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 546
jaja rovin, the list is getting bigger, the problem with kenwood is that you pay 200 dollars for something that is not what expected, it puts some power but, damn you payed 200$ for more, so you get dissapointed. There's only one good kenwood amp, that has CEA compliant, the only one of them, is a kenwood excelon that puts 1000W rms at 1 ohm, but you can get those watts cheaper and with better quality so avoid kenwood

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 844
all I can say is I've never seen a Kenwood amp bench test that didn't do it's published specs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us