Username: Sgerard

Post Number: 3
Heres the deal...

I have a sony xplod 2 channel 1200 watt amp

200 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms
250 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms
500 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm
(might be right)

When i recently bridged the amp in parallel, it was amazingly loud and had awesome sound. THe amp picked up metal and stuff like that really good, compared to before. The amp gets hot in about 15 minutes when i bridge it though, because its a 2 channel and it has no fan...and i also think its not 2 ohm stable.

I want to get this amp.(and also new SUBS)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENWOOD-KAC-9102D-1700w-MONO-CLASS-D-CAR-AMPLIFIE R-AMP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQitemZ8059597166QQrdZ1

If i get this amp would i be able to hook up 2 subs in parallel at 2 ohms without it overheating or breaking?

The power im getting on my amp now parallel at (i dont know how many ohms) is really great.

also, if i get this amp, what ohms subs should i get, and around what rms handling should the subs i get be?

ive also heard that this amp is crappy by people on this forum, but i like the quality and volume of my amp now, it just overheats and is not 2 ohm stable, so i need a new one. This amp seems to fix my problems, and if it puts out around this much power, its got to be better than the amp i have now. I need help with this.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 539
is not the worst but not the best, let me tell you a good budget setup. Hifonics 1205d and two alpine type r or audiobahn a 8000t and 2 kicker cvr dual 2 ohm, you will feel much better after hearing that and your old sony system

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 173
that amp isnt stable in 2ohm bridged thats why its over heating. for a good cheap amp look that the audiobahn a8000t that you can run at 2ohm

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7564
well @ least his brands choice is improving -lol

ya , Hifonics & some models of Audiobahn r ok

which subs u want ? .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us