Audiobahn A8002T problem

Bronze Member
Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 27
Hey guys, I've had my Audiobahn A8002T amp for about 4 months, never had a problem. All of a sudden the amp goes into protection mode after about 10 seconds or less of playing. Sometimes when I turn my car on the amp won't work at all. I highly doubt the subs are at fault since they sound fine for the very short time they are on. Some other things I noticed... Even with the volume on my HU set to very very low, like 15%, the subs are very loud and then get softer and softer until they shut off after about 10seconds. What could possibly be at fault? What are some things to check or try before I call up an audio shop? Any other questions you need answered just let me know and I'll try and let you know.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 535
wires

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 78
rca's, rem wire, bad ground, bad power, or amp is blown.

Username: Maclah

Post Number: 7
Seeing as though it was working before, have coniditions changed at all?

Perhaps summer has come along and spoiled plans for good sound?

Heating is usually a big factor for amps.

hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Scarbz, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 335
Check fuses could be getting to much power!!Happened to me!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jester10788

New Jersey U.S. of A!

Post Number: 28
Here is an update. I tried again today, with the car off and just the key turned once so that the radio and stuff is on, the subs were working, although only very very softly, I could feel them moving tho. Then I turned the car all the way on, and immediatly the amp was in protection mode. I doubt its the rca's or rem wire. How can I check some of the other things too. Im thinking maybe the speaker wires are shorting or something... I have no idea. Could it be the fuses? I thought the amp wouldn't work at all if a fuse was blown. I checked the two fuses on the outside of the amp and they appear fine. Any other suggestions as to why my amp all of a sudden goes into protection mode. Also I don't know if its just the way the protection mode led is, but the light is very very faint coming from the protection mode led. Could maybe my alternator be at fault? Please help!
Thanks
-Ryan

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 350
CHECK TO SEE IF ANY BURNT FUSES AT THE AMO AND THE POWER WIRE IT HAPPENED TO ME!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 26
ooh ooh, i know, AUDIOBAHN

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 116
check the wires inside the sub box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums