Jl HO box?

Username: Whatisaboofy

Post Number: 3
what is it n what does it do? im pretty new ta this ...whats the difernece betweeen a sealed and a ported box..andd does it matta which way to turn the sub....towards the rear or towards the inside?

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 18
To answer what is a HO box..... http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures_pages.php?page_id=12

Sealed is more for sound quality, tight, punchy bass. Ported is more for loudness, boomy kind of bass, not exactly explained in great detail, but search around the forum or "GOOGLE" and you will quickly answer your question.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 127
ported=mainly spl(loud with sum maybe a lil sound quality)
sealed=mainly sq(tight and accurate bass)

as for which way to turn it in ur car just try to threar and the front and which ever sounds best use it all depends on the car wen pointing subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
f\/ck U BEat ME to iT LiCiD

Username: Whatisaboofy

Post Number: 4
i got 1 10w6 ported or sealeD?

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 19
sorry driving reckless, saw it just got posted and jumped on it. these types of questions should be limited read more post less anyways.

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 20
Well I have a 12W7 in sealed enclosure and it pounds away. The W6 has good SQ so I would go ported since it has good sq anyways.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
its no prob iz all good

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 707
I have 3 10w6's, ported at the moment, but I was going to build a sealed box for them next, until I plotted them out in WinISD and noticed that they will play a lot flatter output curve in a ported box. So I would definitely go ported. If you go sealed it'll sound great but you won't be able to hit hard down low (which is where most rap songs hit, low)

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 708
I mean the 10w6 not the 10w6v2, just in case you are confusing the two. I would go ported with the v2 as well though, because it won't be loud enough for my taste sealed. (the old W6 is a bit louder than the v2, but doesn't sound as good)

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 23
Thats interesting to know lewass. Do you think switching to ported for my 12w7 would make it hit lower then. I thought at a ceartin hertz you cant hear it anymore, you just feel it.

Silver Member

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 709
1 cubic foot net (net meaning not counting driver and port displacement (the volume taken up by the sub itself, and the port..)), tuned to 30 hz, and you'll be impressed...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us