OT - head unit, pioneer AVH-P7500dvd - need some opionions!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 44
Only reason im posting in the subwoofer section is because the HU forum seems to be pretty dead, some of the most "recent" topics are already 3 days old and dont even have a single reply to them! I didnt feel like waiting a week to get an answer so I hope someone here can give me some input on this product. So anyways, here my question.

I wanted to get a new head unit for my truck and was looking at this item and was wondering if it was any good? There is this person that can sell one to me for $500 brand new and was wondering if that was a good price for it? According to the pioneer site this thing is worth $2,700, lol? The box still factory sealed so it can't be missing anything but im still kinda sketchy about this transaction. I just wanted to hear some opinions on this product from you experts out there. :-)

P.S. And if anyone else was interested in this product i think he said he still has like 4 more units available. just let me know if you interested and i can give you his email or you can go check out his product on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Pioneer-AVH-P7500DVD-wide-screen-7-LCD_W0QQitemZ74108731 11QQcategoryZ20118QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
if you are interested just email him, he replies really quick, unlike the elemental designs guy that i bought an amp from, (took like 2-3 days to answer an email :-( )

Username: Wideload588

Post Number: 1
Hey most of the things on ebay are scams I can honestly say that I ran a few of them for quick cash and what you do is show people pictures of a factory sealed box and then its all salesmenship from there. Let me tell you what I was taken for this before I tried it and the people who run these scams are real helpful till you end the auction and then ooops nobody to hold accountable. Most of the time on ebay if the deal is to good to be true it probibly is, but if your willing to risk 500 dollars then the reward is well worth it that is an excellent HU

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 53
ok i emailed this person that i wanted to buy this HU and he replied with this:

---
First I am going to tell you some things I think you should know before
ending this deal.I travel a lot and now I am in Eastern Europe. The item is going to be
shipped from Europe also.My item is brand new, unopened box
all accessories included and also an international warranty.
Now, I can ship through UPS air next day delivery. I will pay for all
taxes. If you wish you can also send me your full shipping info so I can
make a reservation on your name .
The price of the item is $500 (as I said earlier with shipping and
insurance taxes included). Here I am stuck to western union wire transfer.I can't use paypal because it's not available yet. Just because of this I set up an insurance
with ebay which guaranties 100 % of this deal. If you wish I can contact
eBay right away and have them send you an invoice with my insurance.
If you agree on my terms I am sure we can close the deal right now.
Please reply after you think it over.
Best regards.
---

then i told him that i accepted his terms and so on then he emailed me this:

---
Ok I will contact eBay right away and in max 10 minutes you will get the invoice with my insurance from them,after you receive it please mail me back to go forward.
thanks
---

So what do you guys think? if ebay can guarantee this transaction 100%, you think i could go wrong somewhere?

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 21
I would email ebay support. they usually get back to you the same day. The fact that he said he just happens to be in Europe and happens to have this HU with him in Europe and cant use paypal or anything and has to use a wire transfer, I would say F*** that. Does not seem legit to me. Just my 2 cents as I have bought about 30 things off ebay and sold a few.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 22
The user rating also is NOT to be relied on. There are sellers out there who get ahold of 1000's of peoples bank accounts, put up a legit looking website, buy the stuff from the site with the stolen accounts then leave really good feedback 1000's of times, so now it looks like the seller is 100% legit when all it is, is fraud.

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 52
lol thats a scam you gotta watch out for those.

Username: Wideload588

Post Number: 3
im gonna stick with my gut feeling on this its just to damn good to be true. Problem with wire transfer is that all the person has to have is an ID and sign for it thats it. They dont fingerprint they dont scan ID's they just take the money and run I would say thanks but no thanks Its just not worth the 500 dollar risk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us