I need quick help!

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1132
i need the amp out of my car, can someone give me steps to take it out safely, because i just took out the subs and the amp is still on the back of my seat

i started to unscrew the power wire and sparks flew haha...scared tha sh!t out of me

what do i do????? i need this amp out now, but i need the wires to stay in the car

Gold Member

Post Number: 1133
bump

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 166
Unhook all the wires, tape them off with electrical tape. Unhook the power wire from teh battery before you do anything tho. Just tuck the wires away somewhere if you plan on using them later. If the screwdriver touches the chasis of the amp sometimes sparks will fly, thats y u unhook the power wire from teh battery first.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
and...should i unhook the Negative part of the batery first?? then hook it back up when im done??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
im going to unhook the NEGATIVE battery terminal, then unhook the POSITIVE to get the power wire unhooked, then im going to hook the POSITIVE back on then the NEGATIVe in that order, then since the power wire wont be connected i will unhook this amp

that right??

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 459
NO!!!!!!! always hook the power wire on last....

just take out the fuse from the battery... thats what i do....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7518
yep ^ - no fuse = no juice

& tape all exposed ends until ur going 2 use them whenever .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1137
well on this website it tells differently...

"Attach and tighten the positive battery cable. Attach and tighten the negative battery cable."

http://www.ehow.com/how_112575_change-cars-battery.html

now im hesitant, bc i already had sparks flying 10 minutes ago and i dont wanna get shocked
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us