Soundsplinter

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 22
can someone breakdown what each model of subwoofer is geared for (spl, sq, sql) and how much power they can really take?

Bronze Member
Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 23
i was thinking about putting 2 12's each in a 2 cu ft ported box each powered by a audiobahn A8000t amplifiers

Bronze Member
Username: Dadydolas

Post Number: 48
checkout soundsplinter.com they got all the info. you need

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2359
They are all sq subs. RL-i and RL-p are great sq in sealed or ported, but excel output wise in ported. Particularly down low in the case of the P. The rl-s is a sealed sub. Killer sq and output, but it takes 3 cubes to do it. So, basically the higher you go, the greater the output and sq.
All very formidable subs though.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 537
would a rl-p make its best sql ported round 1.75 cubes

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 693
the rl-p are an SQL sub wuth some good output. The low end is lacking a little compared to other in that class but its a good sub. Its like the big brother of the Ov.2 from ED. The Rl-i are pretty similar just smaller size.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2360
The Rl-i isn't an output oriented sub. Never was.
Yes, 1.75 tuned to 28hz will be a killer low end system for the RL-p.
I'm pretty certain that Alter is still making reference to a sealed app. not ported.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 694
either way you do it the RL-p doesn't have as heavy a low end as others do. It has very very similar characteristics of the Ov.2. High end extension makes it easy to blend it giving it good SQ but the low end slopes off in the 34hz range and down much faster than the IDAMX and Mag do. Max and Mag are much more pronounced in the low end. I would take the RL-p if you have a front stage that doesn't have that much midbass output. we tried a RL-p in a 2n2cu ft vented box tuned to 29hz and it seemed to have the most audible output at 45hz'ish range. Mag has most in the 40hz range.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2363
hmmmm...

1) I can definitely believe the mag has a db gain on the rl-p at all hz. The msrp certainly suggests it.

2) The RL-p has superior build, output AND definition down low to the ov.2

3) I can't help but feel you are bringing the max into the picture to substantiate your point :-)
It does a very similar job to the SS up high. Agreed, maintaing sq, the max has a more shallow fade below the mid 30's. Regardless, check the 2cu tuned to 20 on the site. Not nearly as steep a roll off as 1.5. You'll wave the "flat as Tarra Reid's but" slope, but it won't lose more than 5db all the way down near Fs.

I look forward to auditioning this Mag. Not certain how i'm going to go about it, but...

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 695
The Rl-p tuned to 19hz though is really for HT and not car. I know that the Rl-p definitely has a superior build and performance to the Ov.2 but they are very similar just the RL-p is like 3 steps ahead. And Mike when are you testing a Mag? Who you getting it from. i'm sure you could get one and then resell it(if you choose to) and come out close to even or better. Talk to Ben or Showrides on here and see about testing one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2365
That's the scary part. b/c while I would be certain to let go of a lesser sub, the "top shelves" are a bit harder to lose. I'm sure I'll go into it with the intention of selling it after a month, but in reality I would at bare minimum stack it in the garage with the others. Still not certain where to listen to one, but I recently found a spot where "enthusiasts" meet here in Chi. Someones bound to have an SI eventually. Im so tapped right about now, that's really about my only option. But the interest is definitely there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us