Polo... SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 112
In one of your threads I read that you personally hate Kicker. I own two Kicker L5 15s in a ported box tuned to 35hz. If you say that you have heard louder 15s, what 15s were you talking about because I want a sub that sounds better and is louder than my current setup. Oh and my amp is a Soundstream PCA2000D. I tested it and it puts out 1930w RMS @ 1 ohm on a 13.8 stable voltage. So let me know what I should get, I only want two 15s though.

Thanks Polo,
Alex V

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 251
can anyone give u am opinion or Just POLO ..

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 114
Anyone can, I was just quoting Polo on one of his previous posts.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 254
1st .

you bought the worst kicker's sub . L5 .

L7 would be better .

But if you want SPL 15"

you have alot of choices . depending on your budget .

RE SX .
treo SSI
Orion H2 .
kicker CVX .

what's your budget ?

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 115
I have like $1000 to spend on two subs and materials to build the enclosure. I want SQL and louder than my current L5 setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 47
Will a CVX really have more SPL than a L7 in the if they are ran on the same amp in the same car?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3840
imo the cvx sounds better than L7 but the L7 still gets louder than the cvx. if you want just straight spl get the L7s. they get loud.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 116
Yeah but is there a big difference between the L7s and the L5s as far as SPL goes?

Also I would like to get SQL subs that get louder than my current setup of two L5 15s. Is this possible? I have a $1000 budget.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3844
big difference. not only is the L7 louder but also sounds much better imo. i've said this earlier in another thread but i'll say it again here. there is a guy with a tahoe that works by my work. he has 2 L7 15s in a sealed box and that thing pounds so loud. he shakes things in my store when he drive by. his box isn't even that big. he is powering his subs with a 2000wrms fosgate amnp.

btw i shake things in my store too when i drive by. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 956
It isn't hard to shake sh!t when driving by especially with a SUV because there is nothing blocking the sound. Now if you really want to get credit flex windsows while playing through a back seat and crouded trunk area! SPL wise L7's can put out but they sound so bad when doing it, I don'y know how these guys around here do it. I also said I would take a Type R before an L7 which is a stretch because I really don't like them also but they are a lot cleaner and in the right enclosure can play loud also. Now two RE SX15's or even 18's if you have the room tuned to around 32hz is gonna get you noticed QUICK and will sound good doing it. Most 15's now a days requires a min of 3.5 cf so it is tough to get 2 or more in a trunk vehicle, that is why I am using only one. I actually have double of everything the other set of amp/sub is setting for now. If I can get someone to sell me one I am getting a single Treo SSX 15. Kicker makes good amps but there subs are questionable. I also have heard the Si Mags are quite clean playing also. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2657
2 audioque HD 15s

www.audioque.com

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 122
No one has answered my question. Can I get louder than L7 15s with regular 15s?

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 117
what do you consider "regular" 15's? but yeah...you can definately get a LOT louder than L7's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us