In theory would two 10s put out more than one 15?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 939
I know there is more surface area amongst the two tens but I never actually owned any so I don't know. What can I expect with a set of tens(Treo SSI) with 14OO wrms to each one? Thanks..Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 919
i like them alot. expect very good sq since they r 10's and they will get pretty loud. They def. wont hit as deep and low as the 15 though

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1553
theres only one thing i dont like about 10's which i own right now they get really punchy which i love about them but then again they cant hit the lows and distort when low cause they dont really get the excursion that a 12 or 15 have and it just has to work really hard to get them which i dont like but i dont know which one would be louder cause ive never actually heard a 15 to tell u the truth

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2630
nope. 2 10s does not have more surface area thena 15. but 3 10s does. the only advantage is you can put more power to 2 10s. (generally speaking) but for a SPL setup if i could go 2 10s or 1 15 of the same model... id go 1 15...

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 940
Trevor, your comparing 20" to 15" how is two tens not more surface area, curious..Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3605
I went ahead and ordered 2 Treo TSX 10's from mobilesoundworks.com

I cant wait to get them. I need to get a box built for them in the meantime until i get them. I whould definetly go with 2 10's over the 15 but that is a personal preferance.

10's in a properly built ported enclosure can get as deep as many 15's. Don't underestimate 10's in a properly built ported enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2942
i am proud of you for finally making a decision:-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3607
:-) Thanks Man

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 975
5 x 5 x 3.14 x 2 = 157 (2 10s)
7.5 x 7.5 x 3.14 = 176.625 (1 15)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2632
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 181
I was takin a shit today and was thinking the same thing about 2 10's having more surface area then one 15" that's weird. I get bored and think up some crazy stuff

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 976
haha beat ya to it trevor...i like the diagram tho. :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2637
i know i spent all that time with paint and i was a few seconds short.. i was like dammit! lol .. yeah that diagram is lookin pretty nice though haha

Bronze Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 68
wauw, good post Jake and Trevor. now i understand this part.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 943
I GOT YOU! Thanks for the diagram, makes sense now. Ok, I guess the two 10's will become mid bass after all, lol. I am an impulse buyer but I always say " either utilize, or SELL THEM ON E-BAY".. Thanks again..Polo. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us