What's wrong with square subs?

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 31
i just got 2 12" Kicker Solobaric L5s and yall people are tellin me they suck...whats wrong with em?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 834
L5's are garbage I had 2 15's and I never even hooked them up I sold them.
My friend bought one of them off of me and it gets loud but not clear at all.
Anyone on ecoustis will tell you not to get L5's tis better to just splurge and get the L7's but 2 12" L5 in a car ported will be quite loud if amped properly and will shake the shiz out of everything just no SQ at all.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 170
well its just going to be spl(noise) no sound quality...for the money you probly could have got something better, but install them and see what you think, to each his own

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 35
well after what you guys told me im gonna sell them...hopefully for $200 more than what i bought em for lol...i was told the new Kicker CVXs are really good...i might even get the L7s...idk...but i gotta sell my the system i got first b4 any of this can take place...anyone interested? lol...thanks for the advice

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 172
dont get the L7s either there just as bad

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 689
THE DESIGN ITSELF!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2958
the square design causes there to be an increased amount of stress on the corners of the surround...therefore leading to cone separation..

the square sub also isn't very kind to speaker cone resonance, so they do not produce as acccurate of a sound.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 624
Uneven stress points on the surround. The square design, although it adds surface area, causes a loss in excursion in comparison with a circular driver with the same motor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us