Info about (2) Treo 12's and amp

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 113
Ok... so if i get (2) Treo SSI 12's (2ohm) and this amp ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-2500d-amp-Wcc-D5000-amp-5000-watt-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQit emZ9716575199QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )
Power the subs 1500 x 2 ohms. Would those subs be able to hadle that much power? and is that amp the best amp to run those subs or do you suggest a different amp?

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1368
what are the stats on the subs svc dvc qvc 2ohm 3ohm 4ohm 6ohm 8ohm?

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 114
2 ohm/ dvc i can also buy a 4ohm/dvc for the same price but 2 ohm would be better with that set up wouldnt it?

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1371
well i think so, but wouldn't you get a different home load if you got (2) 2ohm subs and tried to wire them to 2ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 118
well B's subs are treo 15.22 and they are being over by 5 TIMES!!!.. so ur subs should be able to tak it IMO.

Gold Member

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1374
yea, but if he wires them wrong he could fry his amp... right? if he does it on a daily basis

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 119
well if he buys the 4 ohm dvc then he can wire the amp to 1500 to 2 ohms and it shouldnt fry the amp. i think b uses his on a daily basis...if i were u zepcoe ask B he knows alot bout treo and can tell u alot of useful info

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3839
buy the dual 4ohm version so you can parallel connect the two to get a one ohm load. the 2 ssi's can easily take that amps power. i am giving my subs 1000wrms each and they are asking for more. seriously.

Silver Member

TN Us

Post Number: 118
chad why not 2 ohm for a steady 2ohm load @ 1500

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2532
Do what Chad said, a pair of dual 4ohms, parallel the coils and both subs to get a 1ohm load... Then run that amp @ 1ohm.. Thats if your charging system can do that @ 1ohm.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us