Adire Audio Brahma vs Stereo Integrity Mag 12

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

Ky

Post Number: 23
If put in the same application what is the better all around sub.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 675
new brahma or older one? The Mag will beat the new one for sure, the older one will hold up better against the Mag. Think of the Mag this way, output good enough for a SPL comp with the SQ of a SX or RL-p or IDMAX.

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 24
i meant a new one. what would be better in ideal situations. 2 mag 12s or 1 15

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 676
in a sealed or vented enclosure. I like my Mag 15 but I think if I had the space and power I would run two 12s. If running the Mags you need close to 2000rms on hand which is alot!!! The 12s have a stiffer suspension than the 15s so they take more power, the 15 only needs 950 or so. It can still run off 1200rms fine but you don't need to move your gains too much. If looking at the new Brahma's, the Mag will definitely be better. I was much happier with the old Brahma's than the old ones.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 677
hey and we need more pics, I think the forum was deprived of Jo Beth for a while.....lol, but how is the rest of your setup coming along, figured out speakers and what not?

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 97
alter, how much do those old brahma 15's cost n' where can u find one? also wats the max rms they can handle? i've heard they take 1600 but thats ounds unbelievable.. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3831
"hey and we need more pics, I think the forum was deprived of Jo Beth for a while"

yep. i second that comment.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1550
"I was much happier with the old Brahma's than the old ones."

just thoguht u meant to say than the new ones at the end just wanted to say it incase someone was confused lol

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 25
i was thinking the mag15(powered by an ed nine.1) or is that enough and some type of 3 way comp set but i havnt decided on that.i will post a pic later

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 26
rightUpload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3836
thank you

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 27
no problem, i dont think any1 else cared though lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2626
reminds me of the Biltmore house.... some people would probably liek to see hooters pictures of you and your friends but i dont knwo why? thats so degrading to women....

:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 98
alter, how much do those old brahma 15's cost n' where can u find one? also wats the max rms they can handle? i've heard they take 1600 but thats ounds unbelievable.. thanks

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3837
don't take me seriously. i am just messing around.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 938
Oh I appreciated it Jo Beth, lOl... Smooookin Baby... :-O

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 679
tyeah i menat new brahmas on that one post but the older ones probably fetch around 200-300$ if in good condition.

As for Jo Beth,....that does kinda look like Biltmore, good wine there, and a beautiful house. But thanks, makes a bright spot in the day...its crap weather here so cloudy and rainy. But yeah a Mag 15 would work very well with the nine.1 or you could get a USAmp MD2 from me also. Cost about the same maybe i'll get you a little lower price on that if you get the speakers too. A 3way set would be awesome and you could call it a day after that. Taht would give you all the sound you'll need unless you don't feel like hearing at 25.

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 28
either the mag 15 or two of the new brahmas(rated @ 600 rms each)even if the older ones are better im sure it would be fine for my first system.Are subzero boxes as good as they appear to be?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 682
i never like prefab boxes what so ever. I always prefer to make my own because I build it to a much better quality. My boxes are always double thick on the front baffle, glued and nail gunned at all edges and the inside edges are either finished with silicon or great stuff expanding foam. Than the long sides like the back, top and bottom walls are all braced internally with supports to stop flexing.

I would go for the one Mag 15 to save a little space, put it in a 2.5cu ft sealed box with the nine.1 or MD2 and you'll be good to go. Any more pics? O and check out my off topic thread too.

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 29
i have tons of pics

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2348
There is no difference between the old Brahma and the new one that would necessarily place the former on a pedestal. They are essentially the same driver. People see the specs and automatically assume that the old Brahma is better. I've explained before, but I'll do so again.
This assumption is typically based mostly on the MKIII's 2.5" VC compared to the 3" VC of the Mark II. The new Brahma actually has a LARGER VC than the MKII. It's a matter of surface area. While the previous 3" coil had a length of 1.1", the new model's 2.5" VC is 1.35" long. The resulting surface area is 10.37" and 10.6", respectively. As a reference, Adire's SPL oriented Maelstrom has a VC diameter of 3", 2.375" long. The mkIII's smaller diameter still results in the typical advantages of lower inductance and m-mass (because of the shorter/lighter former), but it also allows for greater flux stability.

As far as RMS is concerned, the previous rating method (again) wasn't the "standard" method used in car audio (hence the not-so-practical 1600 w rms). It was changed for this reason and doesn't stray a bit from the original thermal or mechanical capabilities. Same sq, same spl. Power handling is going to be determined largely by the enclosure anyway. In addition, the cone is even stronger and lighter than the already extremely formidable cone of the MKII.
Also, the glue IS SAID to have been improved. But again, Dan is the king of spitting game. So, take it with a grain of salt. Anyway, I threw 1600 watts on mine out of necessity. The former shot right out of the VC due to poor bonding. Now they use cyanoacrylates (exclusively). Expensive stuff at around $300/pound, but it's supposedly extremely resilient and strong. Specifically, the glue for the former joints (spider/cone/former connections) is a new high temperature blend that maintains over 3300 PSI of bonding strength at a temperature of 300 deg C. To rip a spider from the former takes around 400 pounds of force. So, hopefully that issue is now resolved.

Just another update/clarification. I've owned a pair of MKII's and they are by far the most absolutely stunning SQL subs I've ever auditioned. Hands down. But I would still choose the Mag because of Adire's less than honest business practices. Their cust serv is awful and they have no hesitation when it comes to lies. Also, they are admittedly moving away from after-market speaker production and more into OEM. Which makes perfect sense given their recent demeanor. Hope it helps. if not.... :P

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 684
when i used the older brahma and my friend just got his new one in, i didnt feel like they were the same. SQ was slightly different but noticeable to me. and you're right, adire has very questionable cust svc.

And i want pics!!!! we all want pics!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1115
careful alteraudio stalks

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 685
its too early too stalk and i dont think i could make it to my car and if i did, well its not safe to drive........i need sleep, this is how i get when i am the only one up and cant get to sleep....this sucks!

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 30
i will post pix as i get help

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3841
damn you are asking questions about subs i've never heard. lol. are there any other subs you are interested in? like treo, jl audio, alpine, kicker, or re?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1569
lol thats funny ill post pics for help what would you like to know im sure chad will do anything for pics lol jk with ya chad

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3846
i would charlie. nice to see a pretty girl on here once in awhile.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 686
hey i might stalk for the right person you know, lol....but Chad you never heard of the subs talked about on here, thats sad my friend very sad. O well, i have a headache and i'm very very tired but I got a soccer game tonight so i got to get my butt up!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2776
i have never got a chance to hear the Mag, but i will say this...my old brahma mk2 10" was utterly amazing.

had it in 1.6cuft tuned to 32hz under the back seat of my silverado w/ 1 4" port.

you could play stuff like guns-n-roses, red not chilli pepers, any rap, country...anything...the bass was smooth and solid. everyone i know thought i was crazy for spending $360 on 1 10" sub, but once they road around w/ me...they understood why :-)...but i only got 138.x dB out of it w/ 600wrms.

the only drawback to the brahma was the glue (seemed that alot of people had that problem)...my spider pulled away from the basket, sent it to adire and they reconed (warranty)...had the sub back in ~5weeks though.

alot of people say adire customer service is questionable, but i never had any trouble w/ them.

i loved my brahma and would recommend them to anyone else in a heartbeat. give the mk2's ~600-1000wrms and they are great.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2352
"a lot of people say adire customer service is questionable, but i never had any trouble w/ them."

They were super before they moved their own build house to Chile. They basically got their product out there and their name. After that, they stopped caring about customers all together. Dan got rich and purchased a Lambo. Now they just work on OEM. That's why they have that bland web site with their bland (Yougly) drivers.
But I agree, the cust serv was great. They helped me out by building my drivers originally for me. But I waited 5-6 months for my recone with no correspondence. The only dialogue exchanged were lies: "we shipped it out... One is done... You'll have them..." and this was once a month at best. Anyway, i'm through with them. Sold the Brahmas. They were that bad (adire, not the subs :-) ).

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 31
how old is everybody?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3614
Yeah the Brahmas match up very close to the Avalanche Subwoofers from ascendant audio but the brahma was the sub of choice a few years ago. Im 25 by the way.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1602
im 19 lol ya i know a youngin but ya alot of people are young on here lol

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 699
me, i'm 23 not too young but not too old either. Old enough to drink but old enough to have some maturity when doing so. Why how old are you?

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 32

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3867
i am 24.

btw i noticed you were helped a little more so i think we deserve another picture jo beth. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6731
19 just turned 19 april 1st

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2622
be 24 this yr
Upload

Im now join'n the thread, lol

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 704
lol, good call there Chad. well its time for me to redo my system, o the fun begins!!!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 3015
i will be 20 in June.

i thought you were older Chauncey. lol

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 33
yall might be a lil young for some of my pix

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6745
lol, im a grown @ss man.. U dont get grown'er, u get older so lets see some pics

Gold Member

Post Number: 3019
jesus...is this a car audio website or a Myspace Chat room???

posting these so called "we might be a little young" pics will get you banned from posting on this website.:-)

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 34
ban me

Gold Member

Post Number: 3021
I didn't mean to offend you.
i am just letting you know that if oyu plan on posting racy pics like you suggested, that you are quite likely to be banned. Do what you will, you are not going to offend me, you are obviously a grown woman and can take care of yourself. :-)

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 35
i was kidding about the pix

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 36
in fact i will hold of on any for a while

Gold Member

Post Number: 3022
i did not mean for my previous comment to sound mean....it was a joke...if you couldn't tell. lol

We have plenty of off-topic threads in the sub section. but when they start with the pictures and the racy ones start showing up...people get banned...and since i figured you wanted help with your system, i figured oyou wouldn't want to get banned, that's all.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 705
good job muddy....."too young" we know who we're talking about now

Bronze Member
Username: Maniac

Post Number: 64
lol as far as i know theres never been a moderator up in this b!tch......

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 231
Upload
well thats me playin football and i cant find any other pics right now so ill take some later and i am 18 years of age lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3884
excuse me gage ware. we were asking for jo beth's picture. lol. there is a thread call "post pics" in the subwoofer section. you can post all your pics there but this is only for jo beth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3049
good job muddy....."too young" we know who we're talking about now

-------------------------------------------------------------------

are you complaining that i stopped her from posting her "too young" pics.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3050
if you have grief with me you will soon find out that i don't care.

if oyu want to get a hrd-on from looking at some girl's pics who oyu don't even know, then go look at some p0rn. if you are that desperate that you need to con some chick into giving you her dirty pics, then you need to find a woman.:-)

if you don't have any grief, then disregard the above comments, no harm no foul.:-)

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 37
i wasnt really posting dirty pix i was simply making a point that most of the people in here are under 21

Gold Member

Post Number: 3052
you sure did make it sound that way....

i was simply looking out for you...i have absolutely no interest in what you look like...i already have a GF that can "take care" of me.:-O:-O:-O:-O

but some people want to see you...all of you. lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3889
we don't want to see no dirty pix of you. just a simple pic is nice. you have a really nice smile and its pleasant to look at. besides its a nice break from looking at all the sub and sub box pics in this forum. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3053
haha Chad.
that smile should have devil horns on it. LMAO

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2661
good point; 1/2 i would say is under the age of 14-17... so be carefull.. :-) I like how those jeans look on u; just a compliment...

I guess 14yr olds dont see too much girls on the forum, or outside of it...

Bronze Member

Ky

Post Number: 38
muddy,yea i know lol........this is a very bad pic but i can handle a stickUpload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3890
jo beth if you have aim you can chat with me, B, and muddy. we will help you out with what you need to know in real time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3054
nice Jo beth....with the play on words..lmao.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 39
i have yahoo but i dont want every1 pming me so what can i do?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2662
email, valeboykid@hotmail.com / Then give me your aim, and we all can talk.. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3892
just download aim and register. after you log on just you can hit me up. my screen name is chadleeisthebest. then i can invite you to our room.
that way you don't have to post your screen name on here.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 40
any ideas for a screen name

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 706
nah muddy just messing with you, I have a somewhat quasi GF right now, not too sure, but it is better than looking at subs, speakers, amps and the same old "whats the best sub ever" crap. But if anyone needs help just PM me, AIm me( same name for AIM) or email me and i'll be happy to help. Especially since I got a bumb knee right now from soccer and pretty much been sitting around.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3055
alright we cool then Alter.:-O lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3893
use your username on here. but then again someone might already have that name cause it seems common.

how about jobethisthebest

Gold Member

Post Number: 3056
then everybody will know it......duh.:-O

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 709
pick some nick name or be like that one girl on another forum, she goes my MaximaGirl or something. Who knows. I choose mine cause it was easy. Maybe JOBETHRULES!!!! who knows i'm usually stupid on mine like my bowling name is bobby ballsak, my friends i ramrod(his name is rodney), and my one friend uses that one dudes name from MXCP or whatever that crazy Asian show is on SPike, name is like Guy La Duche or something.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1615
oh ya chad thanks alot we chat every night amost so now your gonna leave me out thanks alot lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3895
lol charlie. i was talking about at that moment. me, B, and muddy were online at that time. rofl.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1616
sure ya were now i know who are my true friends lol

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 33
Sounds like some of you need a dating service

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 34
haha, just kidding around

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1620
lol that was actually a really funny comment i rofl

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3897
what is so funny charlie? lol.

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 233
wow you must be getting off to her pics on here or something chad you cant get a real girl lol jk sorry i couldnt find that thread

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 41
how the hell did we get on the subject of getting off on pix

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1638
"Sounds like some of you need a dating service"

thats hwat i thought was funny chad it was lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »