Fallen w7

Bronze Member
Username: Skelly

Post Number: 12
every system i have had is louder than hell at first and then it ends up not being half as loud. my 12w7 has now done the same thing and i know its not just me getting used to it or losing my hearing because everyone who has heard the before and after has noticed a huge loss. i have had 2 audiobahn 12's powerd by a rockford amp-2 15" dubs;1500 hct amp-1000/1 amp w/2 15"M1s-1000/1 w/12w7. i have never let a sub break in but never blown one either. i have 160 amp stock alt. and stock battery with the 1000/1 amp. please, tell me what i am doing wrong. im about to drop one of my favorite hobbies, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 280
From what I've heard, those Dub Series Audiobahn subs suck anyway. Did you notice the loss after installing those?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 452
ive noticed it too... every time i install new subs they start loud and soften down after a week or 2... right now i have dubs... but i am going to get some infinitys today :-) YAY

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1274
I'm totally opposite in some cases............When I installed my R, I thought it was junk. Let it play for a couple of weeks then it got a lot more louder. However, when I installed my gf's infinity system, it was loud from the start

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 64
hey there is no way an infinity is louder then a type R

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1275
james.........I don't think you will be disappointed with the infinities......They surprise me everyday!

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

California

Post Number: 165
Infinity bangs harder than the pines

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 936
If you are using a different amp with every setup and it is all good in the beginning maybe your cooking them? Are you using a lot of bass boost and have the gain all the way up? Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2934
i smell VC......:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2935
j/k

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3829
my subs are just sounding better and better as time goes by. its been almost a month now.

you should try not to use bass boost. for me without my bass boost i still get alot of bass. also you shouldn't anything on your head unit that enhances the bass. if you have everything set correctly it will sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 177
shlong... lol

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 937
I myself use bass boost. It isn't the bass boost tself that destroys subs but the person using it, lol. You need to remember to use in moderation and the bass knob can be used to cut bass also. There are many different types of music I listen to and I need full control so the remote is a must for me. Honestly I think everyone should be using one because if you set it and leave it inaccessible in the trunk you can't cut it when a song with a lot of bass comes in and you may be clipping. It is all about control. Polo..

PS- Clipping is baddddd... :-O

Username: Riniflex01

Post Number: 9
i have two jl audio w6's with a 1000/1 amp and they def got louder as they broke in, about a month it took

also i had the same system last year but it got stolen and it took about the same break in time

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 14
kyle, ive had the same thing over the years with all my systems.ive had atleat 10 differnt set ups from 8 in subs to 4 15 in kickers.i do all my own boxes nd installs.They start out bangin like no other only to lose half the dbs over a 1 to 2 month period.Ive built boxes for other ppl and this dosent happen to them.ive even took a box out of my truck that was bangin at the start then got less,and it hit hard as heck in the othe guys ride. i got the same thing goin on now w/ my 10 in L5.it hit almost unbelievably hard early on now its just soso.box is mdf and not flexin,dont know but ive given up on the sport a few times only to come back and have the same problem even w/diff.eqpt and a diff car.it sucks im glad im not the only one whos had this issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us