Taking out subs and amp??

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1122
im going to have to temporarily take out my subs and amp
what do i do about the wires, is it okay if the battery is still connected or should i disconnect it. and what about the REM wire. i really want to just leave everything where it is so i can get the ampback in quickly..what do i do?

Username: Little_jim

Post Number: 3
If the wires are still hooked up to the batt. and you just leave them there then watch out for fireworks.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1524
you can just pull everything off just make sure you put something on the end of the power wire and ur remote wire like a wirenut or electrical tape i would say just leave the rem wire there to i dont think you have to cover it but alwasy better to be safe then sorry ive done this before no problems here

Gold Member

Post Number: 1124
so should i just disconnect that power wire and like....tape it somewhere up near the batt?? somewhere safe

Bronze Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 21
I just take out the fuse in the power wire and that solves your problem with MINIMAL effort, but tape up the wire ends so the dont get frayed

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 85
Blaine just tape up all the ends of the wires with some electrical tape, or use wire nuts. Pretty quick way to do it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2642
yup, i always just tape my wires up... and watch out for your RCAs too. if its still conected to your HU and it touches a power or antyhing your hU will get jacked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us