Audiobahn sub question

Username: Little_jim

Post Number: 1
Hey, I was looking at the audiobahn awis12p sub. I see that many people don't like audiobahn but the specs seem good for $200. Has anyone used this sub? I was planning on running two of them but now I think that powering them will break my budget. My goal was to have a hard hitting setup.

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 198
It depends if you only want SPL or if you also want some SQ

Post Number: 2
I am a audio newb so all I know is that I miss my friends system from highschool which was a box with 2 jl 15's. Is the sound quality really that bad?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 316
sound quality and audiobahn dont even go together. so you going for just really loud or do you want it to get loud and sound good? for $200 a sub there's alot better choices.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1123
if you jsut want some boom just get the audiobahns..ii have audiobahns and they are alright. but i must say after a while you probably will get out of the "i need as much bass as possible" stage and you will just want a nice quality system

Post Number: 4
I have never had a system before so I think that 4,000wrms would be enough. But like I said I think that powering this setup will break my budget. I started learning more about systems and I think I realized that I might need to get 1 less.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1126
4000 RMS will also break you charging system and your ears.
get a good amp that does 700-1000 RMS, put the subs in a good box, and you will be very happy

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 451
yea i have audiobahns... they hit as hard as some nice ones iv gotten for just a little bit more cash...

CDT's, Infinitys systems, Octane Gold, blah blah....

my favorite one ive ever had was a CDT 1215 i got on Ebay for 60$

Post Number: 5
So this sub is worth getting right? And can someone explain the Quad 2 ohm voice coils please?

Post Number: 6
"4000 RMS will also break you charging system and your ears.
get a good amp that does 700-1000 RMS, put the subs in a good box, and you will be very happy"

Doesn't each sub need to be powered with the same rms wattage? So if the sub is 2000wrms doesn't it need to be powered with 2000wrms?

Post Number: 7
"sound quality and audiobahn dont even go together. so you going for just really loud or do you want it to get loud and sound good? for $200 a sub there's alot better choices."

Can you list some please?

Bronze Member
Username: Shman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 66
look at the AA arsenal. theyre on back order but its worth it for 160. plus it wont cost half a fortune to power it http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html
also, i would take 2 12" cvr's over any audiobahn sub anyday. i just recently finished an install on a friends car with 2 cvr's and if they have the rightr box theyre pretty good, and they can be found on ebay for like 160 for a pair... theres my 2 cents... hope it helps (STAY AWAY FROM AUDIOBAHN SUBS)

Post Number: 8
Thanks Archie Clark for the link. Would two arsenal 12's be better than one havoc 15? I looked on ebay for them but didn't see any.

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 75
idk how the 2 compare, but either way it would be an excellent system... maybe Wreak havoc can help, although i have heard that the havoc 15 is extremely dominant in sql...

Post Number: 9
Ok I have seen the light lol so I'll start a new thread. One day when I have cash I'll be able to get something huge.

Bronze Member
Username: Roy_t

Post Number: 87
Yo my frin is b havn 2 adiobans i is wantin sumtin beter what is i should be getting

Upload

Post Number: 10
Only way to go is to get better quality. I'm going with mtx.

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 79
huh... i hardly ever hear anything about mtx on this forum...and seriously roy im not trying to be mean or anything but your overdoing it, do you have microsoft word? spell check if your not sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 20
nope do not, i repeat, do not go audio bahn, completely overratted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us