Adding box & subs to a 350-Z, HELP!

Username: Novalondon

Yuma, Arizona USA

Post Number: 3
I want to add a sealed, fitted box under the rear arch of my 2003 350-Z and install 2-10 inch subs. I also need an amp,it will go on top of a Bose factory system already inplace. Suggestions?
Want to be able to be loud but also to be able to subdue it to keep wife tame on long trips.

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1352
get a new car 350Z's are everywhere and they don't look good, sell it get a van and you can put what ever you want in that LOL

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Phx, Arizona

Post Number: 1355
no but there were subs posted a WHILE back that needed like 3-4 inch of room idk where they are but they are in this forum somewhere, as for the amp... idk

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1103
jl makes preloaded fibreglass boxes that fit in the 350z's
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_make.php?make_id=73&model_id=745

bout the shallow subs dunno to many that make them.. pioneer makes some
2076_4057_104401920%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2 076_4057_104401920,00.html

Yuma, Arizona USA

Post Number: 4
Z-Enclosures in Florida has an Ebay store that sells what I am going to buy. See E-Bay Ad #9714919039.
I am leaning towards a pair of JL #10W6V2 subs but an amp is my biggest question. I had hoped someone had already done this and had a system that worked very well.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 919
If you are gonna use the factory system you need a PAC adapter. I am using a Bose system in my 2001 Pontiac GP and I this is what I used. You will need to contact them for further help, Polo..

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsearch.asp

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 920
One other thing, you cannot just cut the speaker wires and use a line out converter because the bose system is goofy and uses a control circuit built into the amp to control bass/clipping, kinda weird. i have already tried this and the higher I turned the volume, the less bass you get, go figure..Polo. :-)

Yuma, Arizona USA

Post Number: 5
Polo, Thanks, called PAC today got the item number I needed ; AOEM-NIS2 which is a plug -n-play piece behind the head unit then direct to amp and subs. It's ordered and enroute.
Z-Enclosures has a 2-10 inch sealed box enroute, I want to put a pair of JL 10W6V2 subs in the holes, still need an amp to drive this.... Something good, loud is secondary, clarity is number 1 !!! Any suggestions on amp??

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 135
2 w6v2's...

a 1000/1 would max em out and that would be very, VERY loud. ulll need to dynomat everything and probably uprade power system

Yuma, Arizona USA

Post Number: 6
The car is completely dyno matted and dead padded, done that last weekend when I found bare metal in and around spare tire.
I looked at that amp (JL-1000/1,it is way to large. I was maybe thinking a 500 or 600 watt in a good amp. Again clarity is primary, loudness is secondary, The factory Bose has poor bass for what they offer, Just wanting to add the thump when needed, nothing to rattle the neighbors house like my other car will.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 949
You should have gotten a set of Treo SSI's, inverted with chrome baskets to compliment that car. I was going to get that car as a convertible but it just wasn't all that great performance wise and even though I try to tame it down I still have the need for speed, lol. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 950
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1564
polo u go them already or is that someone elses jw i havent gotten my dd yeet stupid ups they rescheduled my delivery for friday it was suppose to be here yesterday im pissed i want it now lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3842
that is a very nice looking sub polo. one of the best i've seen. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us