12xxx+orion2500d

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy4life

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 63
is it possible to run a 12 xxx sub off a orion 2500d amp. i thought it was possible but just clarifying. are there any other good sub recemendations.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1501
the new xxx yes you can

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 885
I'm running a 2500d to my 2005 XXX.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2751
johnny ran his XXX12 (05 model) on 2 orion 1200d's strapped at 1ohm for alil while :-)

took it pretty well.

2500w for the 2006 XXX would be nice...i know there are a few guys giving them ~4000wrms, not sure how that is turning out though.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 758
yeah i sure did marshall, and at the comp before that one, i ran hams 2500D to my 05 XXX, it took it beautifully.

i ran those 1200Ds strapped to my sub all the way home playin music and they never got hot, nor did i have any problems.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 64
can the new xxx take like 2500wrms? and what is the best ohm to plaay them at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
yes the new XXX can take 2500 rms, in reality, with box rise and all that stuff marshall knows about lol, u prolly wont be givin the sub exactly 2500 rms, thats y its the perfect amp. anyway, even if u did send it 2500 watts it would take it. at least i believe it will. and run it at 1 ohm, thats the only way u can get 2500 rms from that orion amp.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 65
is it possible to feed this alot of power by tunning it at less than 1 ohm.can the orion put out more than 2500(is it underrated)also is the sub unerrated. what is the best box to put it in.

lol sry lot of questions but this is the sub i really want to get.

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
lol its kool dude, im sure we all understand, at least i do. u could prolly run the amp at lower than 1 ohm, but if u r gonna get one for each sub, assuming u r getting 2 12 XXX's and 2 Orion 2500D's, then u cant run them at lower than 1 ohm. wire subs VC's in parallel and it will give u a 1 ohm load. and yes the orion 2500D is underrated, it prolly does more like 2600. 1 2500D per 12 XXX sub. each sub wired for one ohm to run to each amp separately. u realize ur gonna need a HO alt, right? and some 1/0 power and ground wire.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 66
ya lol for sure. are those amp bridgable or do i even have to hook them together. i didn't no each sub was wired for 1 ohm and whats the difference between ohm.
i no most other things about subs except that lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
ok the subs arent wired for 1 ohm when u get em, u have to wire them urself. lol u can wire a dual 2 ohm sub to either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. run pos to pos and neg to neg to get 1 ohm which is called parallel wiring. and run a wire from a pos on one coil to a neg on the other coil, then with the unused pos neg, run the amps pos and neg to the sub. run amp pos to sub pos and amp neg to sub neg. and the 2500D's arent strappable, if thats wut mean. and no it isnt bridgeble, becuz the amp is a mono block amp. single channel.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 67
cool thx for the information ill try that. re says that quad dual and 1 ohm available, which would be better there. also whats the deal with with voice coils, single or double?

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
its gonna be a dual two ohm voice coil configuration for the new XXX. re says quad dual and 1 ohm available, cuz u can up grade or customize the sub to have that coil config, but it comes with dual 2 ohm standard which is wut u need if ur gonna get the orion 2500D.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 68
i thought the higher the voice coils the louder it got? also i can't find out what type of box is best for these?

Silver Member

Post Number: 780
it all depends on wut ur amp puts out at each ohm load, in most cases, the lower the ohm load; the more power the amp will put out. JBL has amps that put out more power at 2 ohms than at 1 ohm. but anyway, as for the box, i dont know exactly wut u want me to tell u, it depends on wut kind of space u have in ur vehicle and wut music u like the most. im sure the Fs of the new XXX is gonna be low, so tune to about 30 hz in a box thats about 3-4 cuft. ur not gonna be able to just google a box for this sub ur gonna have to custom build one, when u order it, ask the ppl at RE wut they suggest u put the sub in.

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 69
ya i thought that was what you were going to say. ill have to ask them. also i have alot of room, most likely ill remove seat or in back of bax but probably not. is it 3-4 per sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 781
yes 3-4 per sub

Bronze Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 70
well thx for all the information. i got a pretty good idea now of what im gona do. later

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
ok no prob dude, glad i could i help out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us