Archive through July 28, 2005

yaw
Unregistered guest
are viper alarms any good..tha 690 or sumting...who makes good alarms?

Username: Macca127

Post Number: 1
I'm getting a viper 690 installed this week will let you know of outcome. I hear good things about them and feedback?

yaw
Unregistered guest
aight cool let me know

Username: Ps1k0

RI

in my opinion, they are one of the best alarms out there.

i've had 3 viper alarms
550esp, 800, just got the 791xv
and i love them.

but, i've hard cheap ones, and they did what they were supposed to. just as well.

viper includes a few extra features you don't get in some of the cheaper brands.
but the most important feature is they will be around, so you can always get remotes when yours goes, instead of a new alarm.

Anonymous

how do you disable a viper alarm if you dont have the remote??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
turn the key on and press the valet switch.
unless you don't have a valet switch, then you can either pull the wires out of the brain, or take the car to an alarm installer.

if you pull the wires out of the brain and it won't start, you'll have to reconnect the starter wire. if you don't feel that it is something you can handle, take it to an install shop. they can code new remotes for you too.

good luck

Unregistered guest
My viper alarm remote will not operate/activate since I changed the batteries in the transmitter.

guest1
Unregistered guest
Anyone have any experience with Autopage? I know its a cheaper brand but they seem to have some good features with their top end alarms. Just don't know about the quality.

guest1
Unregistered guest
Anyone have any experience with Autopage? I know its a cheaper brand but they seem to have some good features with their top end alarms. Just don't know about the quality.

Username: Aka138

hey guys i have the viper alarm 791xv and need the installation instructions how to install the alarm. thx's e-mail me at raw1511@bellsouth.net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
follow this link to the guide

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

Blazerchic
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a vehicle with a Viper Ultra 900. I have copies of the user manual, but it doesn't say anything about making the system more sensitive. The way it's programmed now it takes a serious shake to set off the warning alarm. Were I am getting the warning I want the actual alarm to go off. Is there any way to change the settings? Can anyone help me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
i mave never head of that model # but if you look under the dash you should find the shock sensor (a clear box with 2 screw holes)
that is what you will have to adjust.
unless yours has built in shock adjustment that has to be done through the remote. if so then you'll have to go through the manual again.

if all else fails take it to an authorized Viper dealer and have them adjust it.

good luck

Unregistered guest
i have a 600esp viper alarm in the box,but have no install directions. please somebody help

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
follow this link to the guide

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N449V.pdf

and www.bulldogsecurity.com for vehicle wiring diagrams

Username: Rhilberg

I had the Viper 650XV installed and have a couple of questions. How do I modify the siren sound? Can I make the car horn go off as well as the siren simultaneously? How do I get the dome light feature to work when disarming alarm?

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 64
lol well robert i have the same questions i like the alarm its jsut i want the siren louder and i want the dome light to flash when arming nad disarming

Unregistered guest
I have a Viper Alarm on my 96 Mitsubishi Eclipse, I lost the remote and my battery died. Since then the alarm is armed, and I cannot drive my car as I do not have the remote to disarm. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either disarm or remove the alarm. Unfortunatly I do not have the model number of the alarm. Please help!!! Thanks Corey Worden

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
locate your valet switch (momentary push button switch).
turn the key on and press the valet switch.
you can now drive the car.

after, you can turn the key on, then back off and press the valet switch to put the alarm into valet mode. the dash light will become solid on.(no blinking) that will turn off the alarm, but you should then take it to a viper installer and have them code you up a couple remotes so you will have the alarm working again.

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice on how to start the car. I found out the model number it is 300T or 300t I am not sure which, how do I find the manual for this? Thanks again for the help. Corey Worden.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
viper owner guides

http://www.viper.com/guides/ogs.asp

if that dosen't work, goto www.viper.com then click on guides

Username: Neal

Warwick, R.I. Us

hey need help. I need the wiring installation for a viper alarm 777 any help would be helpful thx email me at janjcontracting@hotmail.com

Anonymous

can you add a remote start to exsisting viper alarm not sure which alarm i have

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
yeah, pretty much.
i mean i haven't found one that couldn't, but i haven't worked on all of them
if you could find out the model you have (written on the brain of the alarm) i could tell you more.

neal

are you sure it's a 777?
i'm showing nothing, install manual wise, for that model.
you sure it's not a 771 or 790/1xv
?

mitch
Unregistered guest
i have a viper ultra 800hf and cant find installation instructions anywhere? can anyone help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
closest i got to 800hf is 800esp.
check the diagram in this manual against the diagram on the brain. if they matchup you can use it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
would probally help if i gave this

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N381V.pdf

mitch
Unregistered guest
ps1ko...thanks for the help

Username: Bobllee

I would like to know if anyone can give me pointers in how to program a spare 2-way remote transmitter for a viper 791XV alarm. I tried to follow the instructions on the package but it failed to program. Do I have to reset some wires or switches in order to program?

Unregistered guest
Well i have a Viper 550esp installed but having some issues would like to go over the wiring diagrams on it. Got a pdf for the install? Thanks Brian

Unregistered guest
I have a 03 Mercury Mountaineer, and I am looking to install the Viper 791 XV. My concern is that the Mountaineer is equipped with chip coded keys. Will this pose as a problem for the Viper and if not how is it bypassed. Also will my chair move into position when the key is placed into the ignition.

ciVic R
Unregistered guest
ive bought a 2000 honda civic already w/ a viper alarm system hooked up and for some odd reason it ended up in valet mode (LED is solid red). ive heard of a valet switch but wasnt able to find it anywhere. is there any other way i can get it off valet mode or can anyone tell me where else the switch may be? what does the switch look like?

tacoma grl
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have a viper 300 esp and I cannot get into the menus to program the remotes. I just purched the alarm and I am not sure how it was previously programed. The remotes did not come with the alarm, but I do know they are compatable. Also, I am pretty sure I installed everything correctly because when I trigger the alarm, it shows the correct zone. I have tried everything the manual suggests, but no luck. The alarm is armed when I do this and I am not sure how to disarm it. I tried pushing the valet switch 1-5 times, but it won't disarm.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a car with that has a Viper alarm. I don't know anything about Viper. How do I find out what model I have so I can download the correct owner's manual?

ciVic R
Unregistered guest
If you look under your dash under the steering wheel, myte be able to find a black box. Its labeled "viper" it should state the model # etc. Yet it myte not even be under ur dash, thats where mines is tho.

Unregistered guest
has anyone got any tips to fit a viper to a 1986 tran sam with digital dash ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
86!!!
freakin easy

www.bulldogsecurity.com
vehicle wiring diagrams

Username: Unetown

Fremont, Ca Usa

I have a 791xv alarm on my 02 altima. My alarm will not operate anymore because it will not read the remote. Well it will read the aux which will pop up my trunk but thats about it. I would press either the unlock or lock button and all it does is beep a copule of times saying its out of range. I pulled the fuse out but nothing happened when i put it back in and i also checked my wires to make sure they all have power in them using a meter. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
sounds like you need to re-program the remote.

goto page 35 in the install manual, (use link above if you don't have manual)

Unregistered guest
I have a viper 300+, I need to reprogram my remote, does anyone have the install manual with the "learn" instructions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N432V.pdf

THERE YA GO

Unregistered guest
I bought a used 2001 Ford work van. I have had it 3 years .This thing came fully loaded with a great security system...automatic deadbolts at all cargo doors, and arm/disarm actuated factory locks. Recently the deadbolts would arbitrarly start "cycling" to the off position. After a while, they would cylcle slower almost as if the battery was dying, or the actuators are getting to hot. Then, yesterday I went to start the van in the morning and it would not start...it slowly turned over but no start.As soon as I tried to start it the alarm started going off.This happens every time I try to start the van. I found the "brain" of the alarm system, however there is no brand label. The only writing on the brain case is "Model 1 Version 1.2 . On the back are the patent #'s. I looked thes #'s up and they say that they were used in either Clifford or Viper alarms. Can anyone help me some info... thanks

dusty98116
Unregistered guest
Ps1ko... dude you are the greatest!! Thanks a bunch!

Vince

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
dusty,
No problem. glad to help. please make checks payable to... ;)

r8dr1,
when you try to start the van, it won't start and the alarm just goes off(sounds)?
that sound like you need a new battery in your van, or you have a bad connection at the terminals.
i would have the battery checked out. if that is the case that may also fix the doorlock problem too.

keep me updated.

Unregistered guest
I also have Viper 791xv installed on my '98 Accord (manual trans). I had it installed by a professional installer. Everything is working fine (4 doors, hood, trunk, sensor). I have a question regarding the remote start. I asked the installer if he could install the remote start feature but decline to since he said it is illegal to install it with a manual transmission cars. I wanted to install it myself since everything is already hooked up and installed and i am assuming that the harness for the remote start is already connected. What wires do i need to connect to which wires? By the way, i researched and read the manual, i know how to install the on/off switch ( 1 wire to H3/5 & the other to ground since this is for manual transmission), the brake wires (Brown H3/3(+) to wht/blk(+) above the brake pedal) and the clutch which i will disconnect and ground it in order for the brain to start the car w/o stepping on the clutch. What else do i need to connect? Am i missing something? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Username: Jettgear

I also have Viper 791xv installed on my '98 Accord (manual trans). I had it installed by a professional installer. Everything is working fine (4 doors, hood, trunk, sensor). I have a question regarding the remote start. I asked the installer if he could install the remote start feature but decline to since he said it is illegal to install it with a manual transmission cars. I wanted to install it myself since everything is already hooked up and installed and i am assuming that the harness for the remote start is already connected. What wires do i need to connect to which wires? By the way, i researched and read the manual, i know how to install the on/off switch ( 1 wire to H3/5 & the other to ground since this is for manual transmission), the brake wires (Brown H3/3(+) to wht/blk(+) above the brake pedal) and the clutch which i will disconnect and ground it in order for the brain to start the car w/o stepping on the clutch. What else do i need to connect? Am i missing something? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

I was shopping for the 791XV but my installed told me the same thing, it's illegal/doesn't go under warranty if we install it on a manual. Instead, he'll combine the 690XV and a remote starter.

Username: Jettgear

Post Number: 4
Pls help, i just need to know what to connect to which wire for the remote start function on my 98 accord using viper 791xv. Evrything is already installed except for the remote start. Anybody?

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
Just bought a 99 Eclipse with a Viper 300 ESP. It was installed by someone who really shouldn't have and I'd like to clean up the mess he left behind. I checked the viper website but couldn't get an install manual for the 300 ESP.

Any help locating one would be great

Unregistered guest
Hey i just bought a viper 791xv. I looked through the manual and came across some cool features. I have heard that it does a lot more. Does anyone know a site where i can go find more commands to use for this alarm system?

Unregistered guest
Hey.. i have a 1997 BMW 328i and i got the viper 690xv. i had it installed about 6 months ago and the other day i droped my keys and my alarm just stoped working. when i hit any button on my remote it chirps out of range.. please help me out. thanx Jeremy

Unregistered guest
I have a 1996 ford t-bird...and I am installing a 650 xv alarm...but cannot get the power locks to lock or unlock....any help

GYoung
Unregistered guest
i am trying ot install a viper 300esp i got from a buddy. I have no instructions on how to do this, i can't seem to find anything on the web sites. Anyone else know where to look

Khosa
Unregistered guest
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N429V.pdf

There you go.

Khosa
Unregistered guest

There you go.

Khosa
Unregistered guest

There you go.

Unregistered guest
hey what does the viper alarm system do? And is it true it talks ptwritter@msn.com

Username: Chatito

Mexico, Cuernavaca, ... Cuernavaca

hola alguien me podria mandar el diagrama de conexion de una alarma viper 791xv puesto que no la puedo conectar

Vipgrrl
Unregistered guest
Hi. I had a Viper system installed professionally years ago, can't find the manual or receipt. It's been unarmed for years, which I like, but just had a new battery installed in my truck and it rearmed itself. Luckily I found a remote and can start my truck up but would like to disarm it again. My valet switch under the dash broke off and either it's take it back to the dealer which will probably cost me $$$ or mess with the brain box. Not sure what model # it is. Any help on disarming it myself would be appreciated...

Unregistered guest
Read this in other forums and it works...Leave the door open when you go to start the ignition and it bypasses the disable mode, engine fires up, no probs.

Username: Megaheat

what viper is better the 791 or the 5000? they install in my car the 5000 for $299 without remote start. do you thing the price is correct for the 5000?

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
vipgrrl:

you can put the car back into valet mode with the remote by opening the drivers door(leave it open) then turn the key on, then back off and press lock, unlock, lock on then remote.
you should get that valet switch fixed at some point and it should cost very much

tony:

the 791xv is a 2-way alarm and remote starter. and the 5000 is just a 2-way alarm.
if you want a remote starter get the 791xv. if it's not that important get the 5000. you can always add a remote starter to it later. might not be cheaper, but you'll have time to save up.

Username: Glamadrid

Hector,
Aqui estan las instrucciones para instalar el viper 791xv alarma. Esta en ingles. http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

Username: Glamadrid

Post Number: 2
I have a viper 791xv alarm. My remote works fine, but doesn't display properly ie...when i unlock the doors, the remote still shows the locked icon, when i start my vehicle, the exhaust icon does not appear, etc....It did work at one time. I've also removed the battery and still does not work properly. Do i need to buy a new replacement transmitter or can i re-program it?

Unregistered guest
i need ur help

i buy viper 650xv i dont know program alarm
u can help me plz

sylvains
Unregistered guest
i need the instalation manual for the viper 540 esp anyone got it???

Anonymous

no.
but i have one for the 550esp.

Unregistered guest
i need the installation manual for the 650xv please anyone that can help send me a copy to dc2_tuner@yahoo.com

sylvains
Unregistered guest
can you send me the 550esp at sylvains@gmail.com

KerryGC
Unregistered guest
Just purchased used Z3 with Viper 350HV. Alarm will not sound. Looking for installation manuel.

Thanks very much.

Unregistered guest
hello, I have Viper car alarm system 500+, I need installation manual, thank u

Username: Jspatriots

Hi just got my 791 installed. I want to put it into passive mode, but the manual does not state how it is done. Any help would be great

Anonymous

Please help i have viper alarm however i'm not sure what model it is I got it about 3 years ago it has a motion detector and a very basic remote ie 2 buttons marked I and II. The alarms is set to silent. ie won't beep or alarm when it is triggered but the kill switch activates. How do I switch back to factory settings or back so it chirps when the alarm triggered?

Unregistered guest
Anybody have the install guide for the VIper 550ESP?

Unregistered guest
I have a big problem with my viper 791xv alarm because it doesn't work whenever I come back from work and I have to start the car without the alarm turned off by bypassing the alarm by holding the valet button. I got the brain moved to a higher location under my dash and it work fine whenever I take it in at the dealer where I got it installed at but overnight it just stops working. I really dont know what to do is it the brain or the ground not proper and I get poor range even two blocks away and the remote tells me no signal it just beeps. The installer told me that if this happens again then I will have to replace the brain. Can someone with proper understanding help me out my email address is ysingh3@earthlink.net thanks

Username: Eric23

Jakarta, DKI Indonesia

I just got Viper 500+ but no any instruction in it,i need the installation manual for the 500+ please anyone that can help send me a copy to ericsen@xl.co.id

thx before

Unregistered guest
I bought the Viper in 2000, and must have accidently pressed the AUX button because when I lock & unlock, it does not make the chirp noise anymore, I cannot locate the original box, and can't seem to make the noise come back, though if I hit the panic button, that works! Thanks if anyone can help.

DeejAdrn
Unregistered guest
For Jettgear

About your remote question... It is illegal for a DEI Certified Installer to install
RemStr on Man Tranny, but you could do it yourself, here is installation Manual,
Refer to page 16 of 58 on the Heavy GAUGE Inline Connector, Key Switch interface....
And proceed to verify that all eight cables are hooked up to following cables
on your accord .... (Link)
http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=12652&MakeID=3&link= BULLDOG
So just make sure all cables are connected on Inline Connector,,, Now on Harness #3...Use H3/1 w/ Relay to bypass you Clutch (-) Signal (refer to page 25 of 58 on manual, you also need to hook up the H3/2 to Hood Pin, H3/3 to brake(+), H3/4 to TachSignal (Found on Distributor on all Honda, Should be Blue, a thick one.) , and for last H3/5 like you said in your post, now here is my recommendation, i have 791 installed on my Civic 95 HB, i had RemStr installed with the H3/5 hook up to ground and ready to go, and it happen that one day I press Lock and Unlock @ the same time and it started my car then i turned it off by pressin twice * on remote but then there is this funtion that when you press Lock/Unlock together it would enter this Feature called Start Timer mode, it will start the car every 3 hours, so i parked my car on hill and i had to put it on first gear and there it was, after three hours, it went right into my mommas car... Then now i had experience the so called "Illegal Act" on Man Trannys....
So anyways, the recomendation is, get someone (An Auto Electric guy) to fing the Neutral
Signal Wire on your tranny, if available, if not find i way to invent one, and hook it to
H3/5, Best Choise (what i did now! ! !) Anyway, Back To the Subject, After all cables are set, press * twice on your remote, make sure car is in neutral!!!!, and Wooala, your car is on for 15 to 25 minutes, best suitable for Cold weathers. Well... if you need any further assistance, let me know...oh by the way.... Make Sure to Read your Owners Manual real good... (link)
http://viper.com/guides/manuals/og/viper/G564V_01-05.pdf ;)

DeejAdrn...

Anonymous

Ps1k0 i hope you could help me out here. i just brought a viper 350hv alarm, and i'd just found this website.. i would get the installation download off of dei website but they no longer have them there.. i'd used to in the past got my instructions. Dont know what the deal is. So im hoping you could send me the pdf download for that model. if you could i would greatly appreciate it and it would make my week.. email: itz2nv4@wmconnect.com

Unregistered guest
i have a vipe 350hv and for some reason it wont s=disarm and my car is stuck i tried removing g=my battery but stil same problem on a 91 acura integra

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
anon:
here's a link to the manual
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N426V_10-02.pdf

str8:
use the valet switch to turn off the alarm.
open the door, turn the key on, then press the valet switch. the alarm will go off and will stop when you press the valet switch.
your valet switch is a small black momentary push button switch. i don't know where because i didn't install it, but it should be located somewhere near your feet under the dash.

hope that helps

Unregistered guest
TO: Ps1ko hey i was looking around for an install manual for a viper security model 550esp and i cant find it anywhere but i came aross this site and seen that you are somehow able to get install manuals... i was wondering if it is possible for you to get that manual for me. if you can thats great just post it up on here like the rest of them. THANKS

PureeTofu
Unregistered guest
Ps1K0 can you help me out

I need the Viper 3000 install guide, Best Buy brain children don't have it, and they've seriously messed my alarm up!

Unregistered guest
Iam interested in ordering a viper 5000 car alarm over the web. I am wondering if any dealership or proffesional alarm installer can install it?
I am just asking since I read on a site that they "require professional installation
by an authorized Viper dealer only!"

Unregistered guest
I have a Viper model 800 not a 800ESP and I am having trouble finding a manual for it. There is no manual for it on DEI's site and many hours of web surfing has yeilded nothing. I am interested in changing the output of AUX relay 4 to a momentary output like Aux 3 is programmed. It is currently a latched output meaning it turns on with a button push and back off with a second push.

pureetofu
Unregistered guest
Just kidding its a Viper 671XV I found my receipt...

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
viper 550esp install guide
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N553V.pdf

i only have the esp listed here's the guide for it.
viper 800esp install guide
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N381V.pdf

Zeljko
most any shop can install the alarm, but it won't be covered under the same warranty unless done by an authorized installer/retailer. call around, someone does want the money and will put it in. unless your paying with purple money again. :-)

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a 94 honda accord and a viper 791xv was already installed I just needed to buy a new remote and have it hooked back up! Problem is I need the owners manual to work this thing!

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
viper 791xv owners guide
http://www.viper.com/guides/manuals/og/viper/G564V_01-05.pdf

Username: Interbenny

Prishtina, Kosovo Kosovo

Does anybody know if the Kill Starter RELAY is included in the Viper 690XV??

Unregistered guest
Can I put a Viper alarm in a 2000 BMW 323i with out any problems?

dXL
Unregistered guest
I have had my Viper 600ESP alarm for well over 5 years or so now and since then whenever I engage the alarm normally it has a tendency to chirp back (after the normal chirps/lights flash) after it has been set for awhile. It doesn't do this if I engage the alarm in silent mode though. Is there any reason as to why it may be doing this that anyone can think of?

I have noticed that my hood pin isn't in place correctly anymore, the plastic piece near the top broke and it no longer is sitting in the "holder" rather resting elsewhere.

Thanks.

lamont 876
Unregistered guest
I have a viper 300. I was a gift from my cousin used. However it did not come with installation instructions. Could some one please help?

jvbp3
Unregistered guest
I have a viper car alarm model 476, it has come with a new used car. It seems to have an auto start, lock unlock etc. The dealer did not know how it worked. I am having trouble finding a manual.
Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to install/program a brand new 479V remote for the 791XV?
Any help would be appreciated...

Username: Jspatriots

Post Number: 4
does anyone know how to put a 791 into passive mode without a bit writer

Username: Ten2yard

Brooklyn pk, Minnesota

Hey, I own a viper alarm on my chev.tahoe, it was a trade in and came with the system,and didn't have a manual.I recently experienced a break in from the drivers side door and the stereo was taken as well, and after the break in the alarm was working ok, still restarting and unlocking,then i had to get the window replaced and since then the remote keeps acting funky and now is not responding to the car,plus the sercurity alarm is not sounding,but it lights up in the car when it is opens(the sercurity light i mean)the LCD screen still lights up and viberates, the serial # for the remote is RPN 478v/p/c, 2(66) codes, FCC ID:EZSDE1478 these are all the differ. info. on back of remote transmitter,does anyone have any info. that could could help me, does this problem seem simple to fix or anything could be usful. thanx

Nick Bum
Unregistered guest
Is there any way you can modify the siren on a 791XV, right now almost all my settings are set to stock, but I've heard that you can actually change the tone of the siren when your programming it, I've read the manual and user guide but I still haven't found something in them that entails about changing how the alarm sounds.

Unregistered guest
I have a viper 771xv installed on my car I purchased a new remote and they are having trouble programming the remote because they have the 661 or something like that and programming is not the same so some things don't work where can I get an installation/programming manual for a viper 771xv?

Unregistered guest
I have a 790-something viper car alarm with remote start and a two way responder. Right now, my car is locked and the alarm is armed. Problem: My remote just stopped working. I tried a new battery and nothing. It wont do any of the functions and now i'm locked outta my car. no lights, no re-arm, nothing.HELP!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us