What kind

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1444
what kind of comp speakers should i get now that i just got a dd 9512b i guess i need some that get really loud so they dont get drowned out or something i still want some sq though my price limit is 600 (6.5" btw)

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 652
CDT HD-642 or the ES-643

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 653
ok yes the ES-643 would be a tad bit over the 600$ but it would be a good deal.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1460
yup but i heard there was better out for the money than the es line not saying so im just asking and how much over cause 600 is already kinda pushing it i was kinda looking to stay around the 5 mark lol

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1858
from what i hear, the ES's aren't really worth the extra money over the HD's. i had the HD 3 ways and they were nice. haven't heard the ES's though.

what other brands then CDT have you considered??

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 659
the new ES are different an have taken some time to tweak them. And there is a difference in the ES and HD but most won't notice it cause A: they don't have an ear for it, or B: they don't turn it up loud enough. I have a hard time making my ES's distort, the tweet steps out of line first.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1474
i will consider anything i was gonna get the rainbows from that guy but im no sure if they will get loud enough i just need something to get loud dont matter to me on company and it needs to sound good

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5951
It isn't that they don't have an ear for it, it's that their middle of the road drivers aren't going to cut it in the $700+ price range. CDT is essentially limited to what Vifa produces. Kind of like how people were complaining about the CDT "super-audiophile" tweeter having a square flange. "Why don't they make a conventional tweeter instead of that one?" Answer: Because Vifa doesn't make it. They make this one:
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=1451319.12403&pid=1325
So that's what CDT was forced to choose if they were to give you a high end car audio tweeter. But if I'm going to offer a $700-1000 component system, it would have to give you the absolute BEST Vifa has to offer (XT or XG drivers). CDT doesn't do that, they give you the middle of the road MG drivers. Combined with "super audiophile" tweeters, you can put your own set together for a cool ~$150 for all the necessary drivers. Is that value? I call it gouging. It's why the car audio industry is so often pointed and laughed at by home audio buffs. Kind of like how JL ZRs aren't really going to blow away an XR owner, it's a marginal improvement in the motor and crossover design, but marginal is the extent of it. And for twice the price? Come on.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1502
so jonathan hwat would you recommend for this would you still say the seas lotus or references or would they not be loud enough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us