Brandon

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3778
i see that in your profile you drive an accord. also i see that you have a ho alt. did you change it yourself or did you have it done? if you did it yourself then how did you take out the stock alt? i was trying to take mine out yesterday and i couldn't find the other bolt that was used to mount the alt.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1843
yay, my second thread just for me, haha. :-)

yeah, i have an accord, 92 LX 4 door.
i changed the alt myself and have actually dont it so much i can about do it with my eyes closed, lol. but mines completely different then yours. i have the 2.2L 4 clyinder, sideways deal...

should just be a pivot bolt at the top, a second at the bottom. if you don't have the belt tentionor setup, then there should be a screw that goes into the bottom bolt from a 90 degree angle that adjusts the tention. take it out.

i can't find any pictures online of the 2005 accord engine bay...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3788
thanks brandon. i just came back from a mechanic and they told me the ho alt isn't going to fit in my car. the mounting bracket is different in my car. this is the alt they sent me. the bolts on my alt goes different directions.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1847
damn, they do go the wrong direction. thats weird. whered you get it from again?? are they gonna get you a right one to replace it??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3792
i got it from iraggi. i am sure he will change it for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us