Need feedback on this deck...

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 32
Was wondering if the Clarion DXZ665MP was any good http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/source_units/cd/DXZ665MP/us-en- product-pf_1134643389110.html?
Did any of you ever buy one? If so, what did you think of it? Even if you didnt own one, would you say its a pretty decent HU?

I currently use a Boss CD3020 and my friends say it sucks. Im planning on putting a system on my truck (2 Kicker CompVX's and a eD NINe.1 amp) and they told me if I wanted to have a good sounding system I should get a new HU...:-(

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 51
I would say it falls into the category of ok. Certainly not that great for the price range. Two big things, especially if you're going to be putting in subs, that deck doesn't have sub preouts and the front and rears are only 1.8 volts. Here's a Crutchfield comparison I put it in with some other decks that I'd choose over that Clarion:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=300&c=3&s=0&cc=0 1&pt2=0&compareitems=130DEHP680&compareitems=500CDA9853&compareitems=500CDA9820& compareitems=020DXZ665&compareitems=500CDA9857&x=29&y=4

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 33
That Alpine CDA-9853 looks pretty nice, but it doesnt seem to have the MP3 ID3 tags or does it? I kinda like that feature. Other than that seems pretty cool. SO would you choose that 9853 over the clarion one?

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 34
Oh and thanks for telling me about the sub preouts, didnt know you had to have em if you planned on putting subs in your car. Now thats something im gonna look for when im shopping for HU in the feature. Im kinda new to this whole car audio business so thanks for helping me learn. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 52
You're quite welcome. I'd definately take the Alpine over the Clarion, and it does have ID3 tag recognition:

From the Crutchfield "hands on research" section:
"MP3/WMA Playback: This unit can play CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW discs containing MP3/WMA files recorded using the ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 formats. MP3 files with constant and variable bit rates from 8 kbps to 320 kbps and WMA files with constant and variable bit rates from 48 kbps to 192 kbps are supported. The unit is compatible with discs containing up to 510 files/folders, with a maximum of 255 folders. ID3 tags v1 and v2, and WMA tags are supported; track title, artist name and album name ID3 tag data can be displayed."

I'd read through the Crutchfield hands on section for any deck you're thinking about, there's usually some really good information in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us