Questions?

Username: Yayo

Post Number: 8
Whats a capasitator or capasitant or wathever its called??

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1414
capacitor is used for power correction its kinda likea shock in electrical terms if there is a dip in the supply then it will discharge its supply. But then again it doesnt create magic powers you need the correct power supply tocharge it other wise it will be constantely discharging and create a strain on ur alt and burn it out so before you get one make sure yourcar can take the extra load.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Slowcala, FL The one that...

Post Number: 2870
it stores power to give out when your amp needs it the most. like during bass bursts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2871
well put charlie:-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1415
thanks muddy

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 843
A capacitor stores power, that is it! It does not cause any more strain than what your present system already does to your alt. In fact a capacitor can help protect your alt from surges created by hard drawing amplifiers but it is not a magical cure for an inaddequate charging system. Charlie, it isn't the cap causing the alt to constantly charge but the fact the system is over drawing to begin with. A cap does not draw power but it stores and nothing more. Polo..

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1417
"A cap does not draw power but it stores and nothing more"

okay polo not trying to be mean I know your right about most of that but i got you on a techincal point here they discharge also lol not just store cause then there would be know point for them

Gold Member

Post Number: 2875
i better not post anything funny here cuz i don't want to get in toruble for spamming.:-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1420
lol ya u spammer i dont want to associate with you jk

Post Number: 9
so basically if your amp is runnin at full compasity its just stores energy and gives you a bit more power on hard deep bursts and hits??

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1421
no completely diffrent your not talking same thing lol a amp just puts out power thats it basically you wire a 12 v source and it will put out its power

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 844
okay polo not trying to be mean I know your right about most of that but i got you on a techincal point here they discharge also lol not just store cause then there would be know point for them

They discharge "On Demand" NOT on there own, there can be no bad to come from a capacitor just from a stupid person thinking it can cure a weak charging system.

so basically if your amp is runnin at full compasity its just stores energy and gives you a bit more power on hard deep bursts and hits??

It will not give you more power but consistant power ONLY if you have the correct available power to begin with. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2876
it stores energy from your alt to give to your amp. during times of increased power usage.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1423
"They discharge "On Demand" NOT on there own,"

lol i never said they discharge on there own hey polo lets not argue on this i dont feel like it tonight k man cause we really have nothing to argue over lol

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 845
it will be constantely discharging and create a strain on ur alt and burn it out so before you get one make sure yourcar can take the extra load.

Not trying to argue with you but your statement is false and needs correction AGAIN, LOL :-O. A cap cannot nor will not burn an alt out, it is an overload that is presented to an already inadequate charging system that tends to burn the alt out. A bad battery can do this as well. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5663
if your charging system is inadequate to begin with adding a cap is just another piece of electronics your alt needs to power. therefor putting a bigger strain on your charging system.

Post Number: 10
and i noticed there like changing digital nubers on top or on the screen.. what does this stand for???

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 846
Your battery is more of a load than a cap can ever be, FACT.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5666
yes you are right

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1424
it tells you the voltage going through it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums