MoMo's or Kappa coaxial???

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 83
I'm looking into some of the strongest sounding coaxials (I don't want components for now)but i can't decide which..bot h cost around the same, but MoMo's say they do 10 watts more RMS

please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 53
First off, let's make sure we're on the same page. Are these the two you're looking at:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=52000&s=0&cc=01& hidesimilar=&compareitems=108627I&compareitems=107MMC650&compareitems=108637I&re moveitems=108637I
You don't mention the size or the model number in your post, so I'm going to assume you meant the 6.5s. Personally, I'm a fan of Polk, and I run their db 5.25 components. It's important to keep in mind that RMS numbers on speakers only indicate how much power they can TAKE, not how much they put out. Meaning, a safe amount of wattage to constantly feed the kappas is 75W and the MoMos 80W, the other number is a minimum but pretty much any deck will give you more than 10W RMS (at least it better). In terms of sound though, it's going to depend on how they're set up and powered. The speaker is important, but the deck and or amp powering them is equally important. Another important factor is that those kappas are 2ohm and the MoMo's are 4ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us