Speaker baffles.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 600
Has anyone had any experience with XTC speaker baffles from Crutchfield. Just want some opinions. I would like better midbass response from my front stage.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 602
bump

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5647
provided your speakers mounting depth is less then 2 3/16in or something like that they protect the back of your speaker from water that can run down your window if you leave your windows open or something but they don't help with bass response. The baffle has to be completely sealed for that.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 603
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=762&id=review&i=237XT65&pg=3
I believe they are completely sealed.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5648
no there not sealed.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 604
Sorry james, could you please explain to me how they arent sealed?

Bronze Member
Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 11
If they are mounted correctly yes they are. Should havel looked at the picture before you opened your mouth buddy. and yess they do help to relieve stress even if they aren't sealed.

Bronze Member
Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 12
this is because they are not only affected by viberation, but also by air movement. deflecting either helps against unwanted distortion from your subs.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 605
Thank you. I couldnt understand how someone could say they arnt sealed after looking at the pic. I assumed the baffles would create a small enclosure for the speakers that would excentuate the mid bass region.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5650
go F yourself BUDDY! no they are not sealed! they have a slit in them in the back where the speaker wire goes through. The only way to seal them is to silicone off around that slit. If you are going to run those cheap things don't expect much of a response difference because you won't notice much if any. The proper way is to build a sealed enclosure around your speaker if you really are not happy with your IB set-up.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5651
I wasnt going by your pic's either I have used them many times!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5652
"this is because they are not only affected by viberation, but also by air movement. deflecting either helps against unwanted distortion from your subs."

WHAT? that makes no sense whatsoever

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 606
If you have a large subwoofer system in your trunk the air pressure it creates could cause the speakers in your rear deck to distort. These would help to solve that. I also plan on lining these with left over edead.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5655
ok then you could seal them that way. I was thinking on your front stage not your rear. There is going to be a lot of flex in those cheap foam baffles so again don't expect much depth increase from them.

Silver Member
Username: Dankum

Post Number: 133
They dont come with a slit. And it wouldnt be affective on response because they are flexible. It would require a stiff sealed enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us