1 kicker l7 in a huge box or 2 l7's in a realy small box??????

Username: Bdb886

Post Number: 2
I bought 2 l7's the other day, and now I am wonder if if I should put both of them in a dual enclosure or sell one and put the other in a large enclosure.
The reason I ask is because i was cheching kicker website and I ran accross this. http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manuals/manuals/04SL7%20Tech%20Brief.pdf

In the dual enclosure it is only like 1.2 cubic ft on each side, But in the single I think I can get like almost 3.5.
I want it to be very loud but I also want to retain as much sql as possible. It seems like I would be loosing alot of sql if i went with the dual, But i would also loose alot of bump if I only went with the single, But it would be deeper and better quality.
If any of you guys have 2 l7 in a dual box, how do they sound , do they still go spl deep?SQL?
I have a 97 grand am gt so space is limited.
thanx

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 619
u could always do this.....build the large box...listen to it and if u dont like it...make it for the 2 l7.....so u have these subs yet....if u dont that wouldnt be practical

im in the same boat.....some1 said that 4.25 each for my MB quartPWE 354 might b 2 much...it calls 4 1.5cuft...my freinds running it a 3...but my car is bigger than his

Post Number: 3
Ya I alreaddy have the subs( got a killer deal, 140 ea w/ warranty) I was thinkin about buildin' one, but I've never built a box before.
If I want deep SPL sound (which I want)they call for 3.5 ea., but I don't have that kind of room and I dont want to get rid of one. Thanx for your advise.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1223
I guess removing your backseat is not an option. Go out and measure your trunk to see what the maximum space you have is. Make sure you allow room for the box to go in the trunk. More experienced guys on here may be able to come up with a design for those subs if you give measurements

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 623
R u going sealed with ur box for ur...L7...if so its not hard at al to build a box......how well do u know..geometry....use the volume formula for a wedge or cube "heard cuebe is the worst acoustic shape"so just make wedge shape....

cut the wood....glue it togehter...nail it....seal it up with silicone...ur done...as long as u have the tools to do it...its ok

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1001
neither

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
why do you say that?

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1005
cause i dont prefer L7's. check out the kicker website. they give box recommendations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us