Amp for 2 Kicker 12" L7????

Username: Bdb886

Post Number: 1
I was kinda lookin into the hifonics brutus 1206d, but i'm still not sure. I want the subs to really pound but I also want to hold onto as much sql as I can. Im tryin to keep it under $250. Any help would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 444
kicker, sql= no, pure SPL

if those are 2006 model then you need a 2000w amp and tell us voice coil config

Post Number: 4
I realize the L7's are an SPL sub but that doesn't mean that I should completely disregaurd SQL. You don't go out and buy a high end pair of subs and throw them in a cheapa$$ homeade box because they "aren't supposed to be for SQL." I don't expect them to even come close to the W7 category SQL but with the right box and amp they will have a good SQL.
They are the 2005 model with dual 4-ohm voice coils.

Post Number: 5
what about the LANZAR MXA282?

2 x 1000 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 2000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
1 x 4000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
2 x 1650 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms

Post Number: 6
or the lanzar vibe286?
2 x 1000 RMS at 4 OHMS
2 x 2000W MAX at 4 OHMS
1 x 4000W MAX at 4 OHMS Bridged
2 x 1650W at 2 OHMS

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
that's an overrated amp and will never put those numbers, however i can tell you about optidrive amps, what's the voice coil config on your subs, so i can tell you some amps

Post Number: 8
4 ohm dual voice coils, 2005 model

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
ppi dcx 1500.1 or soundstream 1500d

Post Number: 9
Those amps sound great but are way over my budget, any other a little less expensive? Is the Hifonics Brutus any good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
anyone???????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7489
if u musat go Hifonics - get the bx2005d model which imo should be good 4 ur subs .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14

Bronze Member
Username: L_stay_fly

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 31
fork out the money and give them subz what they need..the kicker kx 2500.1..juz make sure you have ya windows down when playin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I would love to but that is like a $700 amp!! Any other suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 75
what about an Orion 2500d...the West Coast Customs versions are on Ebay for $449 shipped...http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-2500d-amp-Wcc-D5000-amp-5000-watt-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQit emZ9721061284QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem...check it out, great amp, at least thats what ive heard

Bronze Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 77
http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-2500d-amp-Wcc-D5000-amp-5000-watt-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQit emZ9721061284QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry...the check got included in the address

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I do have a Power Acoustik LT1920 amp left over from a different system. Could I use this or would I be WAY underpowering the subs???

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 28
BTW, W7 does not have much better SQL then your L7's.
If you go with a mono block expect it to sound very uncontrolled and with minimum SQL.
Ideally you should get a 2ch and bridge it, BUT you dual 4's would require a beast, since you can't wire them into a 2ohm load together so you would wire them into a 4ohm summary load that would require a massive amp.
Well, I guess you could go with a 4ch and bridge it to 2xmono and run the L7's separately. Each wired in paralel so 2x2ohm load.

I don't think you will be able to get nice amp for those 2 with $250.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 868
Maris, are you positive you know what you are talking about??? There is a tremendous difference in SQ in a W7 over a L7, really. And what is wrong with a mono amp anyway? That is what they mono amps were meant to do, power subwoofers. Idealy, he would look for a 1-ohm stable mono amp, like everyone has been suggesting. And definately don't get a 4-channel amp, that is just foolish.

Bronze Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 32
Isaac,

Yes I do know what I am talking about:-)
A class D amp is very boomy, if we are talking SQL - subs must be powered with AB class amp.
AND mono (class D) amps were designed with one point - they are more efficiant, so less current is used up for the same amount of "juice".

Oh, right and the best thing is to take that mono block down to 1ohm so there is absolutely no SQL. Damping and S/N will be terrible.

A factory modified (to run full power at 4ohm bridged) ZAPCO C2K 6.0 could do the job - 1200 real Watts at 4ohm mono. But yeah it would cost a little too much.

And BTW, you could do it with a 4ch without a problem (2xmono).

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 869
He is talking about powering 2 L7's for christ's sake. All he needs is raw power, because there is not much you are going to do to make a L7 sound better as he already said he realized. Unless he spends a ton to make a VERY good box. Plus look at his price range. Otherwise, I am very sure that there is no way that you could tell the difference if his subs were powered by a mono amp running @ 1-ohm or a class AB amp.

Bronze Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 34
Sorry you are right, the price range is an issue and L7 is and will be L7. Well I guess some of the new crapy PPI's could cut it or some MBQ mono block

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys for your input. I would probably agree with isaac on this one. A 1 ohm stable mono would probably be the easiest and cheapest. Any input on the power acoustic, I am also looking at a hifonics brutus or something of that sort, any commments or suggestions??

Bronze Member

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 45
Hifonics used to be good, I haven't used their new stuff. You could try it, prob better than power acoustic.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 876
I would definately go with Hifonics over Power Akoustic. Go for it, it will work fine for your setup, hope everything goes well for you bro!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Ya i will definitly be going with the hifonics, thanks for the input everyone on that. New question - Ported or sealed - I listen to everything. I want it loud, But i heard its alot easier to blow the subs when ported because there is less resistance. I listen to alot of alternative rock and rap. Let me know what you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us