Still dont know difference between SQ and SPL.......help

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 201
I know that SPL is sound pressure level i know its how loud a system can go and i know that SQ is how good the system sounds but still dont know the difference....Is a high SPL system like not as hearable as a SQ system? Like a SPl system is loud as f**ck in a car like visors bouncin up and down change in the change holder dancin but outside of the car its noticable from far away but if your right outside the car it sounds like different? And is a good example of a SQ system one that isnt that loud but if your outside of the car you can hear it really good all around the car? Can someone help me??

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 51
SQ is sound Quality. It wont be as loud as spl. It will more accurately hit the notes.
SPL is how loud. No accuracy is implied. Just loudness.
My 2cents

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 204
still not sure but thanx for ur input...maybe i like sq better i dont know. What are some good SQ or SQL subs for about $200 each?? I have my Kicker cvr's but im not satisfied.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1996
imo i like sq better .. because all i can have in single cab is small sealed boxes and you can get some really accurate , tight bass .. spl to me is just loud and sloppy and just not for me

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 205
kool can someone put an example for me how SPL would sound outside of a car and how SQ would sound outside of a car?? Thanx

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1998
it just depends .. if you have a ported box tuned low you'll prolly be heard further off

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 208
thanx casey but i dont really wanna be heard from far away cuz you already can hear me but i wanna be hear like if your approaching some one in your car as you get closer it sounds like kinda surround and you can feel me coming. kinda hard to explain. I had an older friend that had 2 12" rockford fosgate subs not sure what kind they were they had red or chrome on them but they blow his other 15" jl audio w0's away he set off a few car alarms off and when i went next door into his moms house when i was in the house it felt like i was in his truck. What is that SPL or SQ? OR what kinda of subs or amp would sound like that? thanx casey or whoever...or was i just hearing controlable accurate loud SQL subs?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 209
he had a lifted souped up ford truck with big azz tires. Or does it just depend what vehicle you have?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2000
probably some nice sql subs .. with spl you can just hear rumbling loud bass coming at you

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 210
casey wood would you even have a clue of what kind of Rockford foscate subs they were? He said they were 200$ each that was like 4-6 years ago i believe, i was small.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2002
nah .. i would have no idea .. i bet james longo or johnathan or someone like that could tell you

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 211
kool thanx casey....

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1216
rockford subs isn't very good period. I heard a few and it's hard to tell if they are designed for spl or sq. Which versions in particular are you referring to? I only heard the punch series, not the power series. I believe the power series is aimed more to spl

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 212
im not sure Young James i wasnt much into car audio back then till that day then i was blown away and started liking it. I think in the middle of it on the bubbly part it either had red or a chrome design on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us