Still dont know difference between SQ and SPL....help

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 200
I know that SPL is sound pressure level i know its how loud a system can go and i know that SQ is how good the system sounds but still dont know the difference....Is a high SPL system like not as hearable as a SQ system? Like a SPl system is loud as f**ck in a car like visors bouncin up and down change in the change holder dancin but outside of the car its noticable from far away but if your right outside the car it sounds like different? And is a good example of a SQ system one that isnt that loud but if your outside of the car you can hear it really good all around the car? Can someone help me??

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 818
A serious SPL car doesn't even have full range speakers. They're built to get as loud as possible - typically at a single frequency, or very limited frequency range.

A serious SQ car sounds like you're in a studio watching the band play right in front of you. A lot of them are very loud, but that's not the point.

Any mental midget can throw a couple decent subs subs in a good enclosure with a powerful amp and have themselves a respectable SPL system.

It takes time, patience, and most of the time a lot of money to build a legitimate SQ set up.

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 213
Kool thanx OPTI
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us