HU ground wire

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 224
I'm replacing my Alpine CDA-9831 with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP.

The Alpine has the ground wire attached to the ground in the factory harness (and had absolutely zero noise...works great).

The Pioneer wants me to ground the HU to the chassis (the wire has a ring terminal on it.

My question is do I really need to ground it to the chassis when the factory wiring harness wire is working fine? (It will be a lot more work taking a few more things apart the get it attached to the firewall.

My opinion is that the factory harness location should be fine...someone tell me if I wrong please.

Username: Cbtizzy

Fairfax, VA USA

Post Number: 8
No it doesn't matter, what I do sometimes is actually run that Ground from the head unit through the headunits side of the connection of th harness into the ground on the cars side of the connection. I just do it cause it looks better and also no chance of exposed wires you could that or just stay outside of the harness and expose the wireand just splice for a connection that way and thats fine to, but anyway yeah you don't need to ground it to the chasis it should be fine if you use the cars ground wire.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1815
if the factory works fine, leave it there. if you have problems, change it.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 225
thanks for the responses guys...most of the time I never seem to get one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us