What is the best place to position a sub box?

Silver Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 155
I have a small sealed box with a CVR12" sub in my trunk with a lot of plastic boxes in there too that will always be in there. My center back seats armrest opens to a small opening to the trucnk. What would be the best place for my sub to be positioned and should I leave that down or up the arm rest? If it is facing the back of the trunk the plastic boxes are very close to the sub and block a lot of the air flow to the back. Just curious what would sound the best or loudest.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 740
do you have a pic of your trunk? i think you should just leave it facing backwards. also, i dont think it will make too much of a difference with the arm rest down. why dont you just try and position it differently and see how it sounds best to you?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3591
Position it to the corner of your trunk by the rear light. Either corner / That is usually a good place to start. Give it about 6" but face it in one of the corners.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1341
usually its best to face them towards the trunk and the armrest doesnt really matter cuz its too small but u could leave it open to get like a little bit more bass

Silver Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 158
Thanks I will try them all.
Thanks a lot!

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 167
When I want to have bit more boom when I drive I put my backseats down... but I think you said you are driving a truck so that may not be possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us