If I Remove my seats will my trunk quit Rattling ??

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 797
I have 2 12" R's slot ported in my trunk, The thing is if I just open my trunk a little bit it sounds Great I can turn it up louder with less rattling.

I cant fold down my seats but I removed my 6X9's and it made a very little improvement.

I was thinking about removing my seats fliping my box around into my cab of my car and building a wall that is flush and just carpeting the whole piece, Baisicly turning my whole back seat into a sub box.

But before I do all this work I was just wondering if it would be worth it?

I just want any opinions , And if anyone has an install like that could you post some pics?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1215
I had it done to my type r for a while.......made a HUGE difference for rattling and loudness. I had to put my seat back in because I moved away and now I need it for carrying stuff. I have pics somewhere of it, so I'll look for them and post them. Chad also has it done now and he said it slams

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2457
hell yes it will be worth it! also sound better and yeild more spl... seal it off from the trunk into the cabin.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1811
it'll releave all the pressure built up in the trunk, so yes, it'll stop some rattling. sound deadner and tightening everything up will get the rest.

should sound great if you can do it well. seal the trunk off completely from the rest of the car.

i thought about doing that a while back, but decided against it.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 798
What should I use to seal it would a Clear kaulk work?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2463
I would use wood triming around the entire sides of the enclosure, then clear caulk... Your want it to be a flush fit, no air to leak backwards..

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 802
Upload

I was going to finish tinting my rear win today with 5% Presidential But it started raining right before I left work and its almost dark now so that will be tommorow

I was thinking today I might reverse mount my R's. I think that would look good.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3736
rave'n i have my box firing into the cabin now and my trunk doesn't rattle anymore. make sure you seal it off from the trunk though. it gets loud in the cabin too. i did take my backseat out also. if you are going to take the backseat out then why not put the box there firing up. that is what i plan on doing.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 804
Do you have any Pics I dont really even know where to start I havent seen one I just have an idea of what it might look like.

Do you think puting my 6X9's back in would seal that well or should I cut a piece of wood and Kaulk it down.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3737
i just rolled up some foam and wedged it in between the box and the trunk. its messy right now cause i just took out the backseat.

Upload

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 805
I am going to go mess with my car.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1218
I reversed my R but didn't like how it sounded. Didn't look too bad. My box was 1.9cuft to begin with so I guess when I took it out it got bigger still. Ended up putting it back to normal

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 206
hey guyz so when i get my 15 sx i can face it in2 my car an block the trunk with wood an it will sound better than the box facin the tail lights? an it will keep my trunk from rattlin but my trunk dont rattle only the back bumper part does since i sound dampin my whole car so if i do this it wont rattle? iam ordin my sub an amp this wensday an will the bass sound better on the outside with the sub facin in2 the cabin thx

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 806
I'm done!! for now..
maybe I will post soome pics tommorow.

After I turned them around I noticed a BIG difference.
But when I was packing stuff in there to make it air thight I noticed a crack where I aparently did not put enuff glue in one little area. I dosed it up with wood glue and left it to dry do you think it will be ok or should I just start building another box?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2844
is there a hole? or a slit in the wood where air can get in and out of?

if so fill it in with caulk.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 813
OK the glue worked great but get this I temporarily put my rear seat bak in because I was going to my garage to drop them off there.

And I would swear it sounds better with my seats on its louder clearer and punchier (inside the car) it hurts my chest when I play something that hits hard.

But now you can barely even hear it outside of the car its wierd but I tink I like that that means I can crank it later now. Local cops around here dont care unless you are bumping hard past dark in neighborhoods.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3760
man after i turned the box around in the car it got louder for me outside. if i open my windows and sunroof then its crazy.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1224
I noticed that too..........can't hardly hear a thing outside
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us