Chad lee...

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1976
where did you get those focal comps at ? how much were they ? and what amp are you usin ?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3709
i got the focals off ebay for $600. i am using my jl 450/4 for it.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1979
is $600 for 2 or 4 ?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3710
$600 for a set of 2 tweets and 2 woofers with a crossover network.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 220
chad u r loaded with dough!!!

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1980
damn lol i wish i could afford them but .... nah guess ill have to get me something around 300 $ or so lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3718
i am not loaded man. lol. i wish i was then i would of got something alot more expensive.

they do sound nice though. i like the tweeters to sound kinda harsh and these do. the woofers do a nice job of playing the mid bass as well.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1981
what are some good components for me to put up front ? they need to be 5 1/4 and under $300 . and i got 2 10'' alpine type e's on 600 watts if that helps any

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3720
casey sorry man. don't know too much about component sets cause i don't have a lot of experiences with different kinds. you should start a thread in the speakers section and ask jonathan or alteraudio. they seem to know alot about component sets.

i just happen to hear the focals before i bought them so i knew i was going to like them.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5631
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-a-d-s-345is-speakers-matched-serials-0017_W0QQitemZ97139 92085QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem those are very nice for the buy it now price.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3724
oops. i forgot about james longo. he knows his share of good comps sets.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1983
what about jl xr 5.25's ?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3725
i used to have the jl xr650 and i wasn't happy with it. it didn't have good enough mid sound for me. the tweeter was ok for my liking but not the woofer.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1985
hmm .. thanks chad .. i figured they would be pretty good

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5633
what type of music do you listen to Casey?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1830
for that price Chad, you could of gotten a set of Rainbow Profi Vanidiums, lol. i was debating on getting some Focals, but ended up getting some Rainbows. i hope to have everything in my car and done around Tuesday or Wednesday. can't wait to hear them.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3744
well brandon i am sure the rainbow profi vanidiums sounds very nice but i've never heard them. i wasn't about to spend $600 on something i've never heard. i however heard the focal utopia comps and was very impressed so thats why i bought them.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2009
sorry james i just now saw ur post .. i listen to hip hop , r&b , and rock every now and then

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3754
oh i forgot to mention casey. i've heard some infinity kappa perfects component sets in my friends car and i must admit they sound better than the jl xr comps.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1406
brandon let me know how they sound once you get them in

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5641
OK casey, what amp are you going to be running? what x-over point?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2012
im not sure on the amp yet .. i was just gonna pick out some components then see what a good amp would be

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5646
what about those a/d/s comps I posted on ebay? those are really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DLS-UP5-2-Way-Component-System-5-25_W0QQitemZ9712094331Q QcategoryZ32818QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those are nice to

boston acoustic pro 50's are very nice. They retail for $600 but here you can get them for $320
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JK1MY

Bronze Member
Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 13
James, you have horrible taste in good speakers. Do yourself a favor and stop recommending crap.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5653
do me a favor and choke on the D!CK thats in your mouth buddy! if you are so smart and have such great taste in speakers why don't you enlighten us with your choices!

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 111
LOL wtf james you got a hater lol if you look tight i think thats roy t. also hes alwys coming up with new acounts and posting crap. i think its him cause he always puts E on his name.

Anyway yeah the infinitys are good for the price if youre on a budget but i like rainbow comps sound veryclean.

Bronze Member
Username: Gravestream

Post Number: 14
Opinions are like *(^&(^(^ and even you have one. But I've seen you talk out your #$% several times just looking threw these posts, do some research before popping off at the mouth. Boston, for starters, doesn't specialize in Car Audio, so for the price, they suck, straight up. Granted they sound OK, but you could go buy a set of diamond audios, for half the price and get way better quallity. MB quart, Focal. Just to name a few.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5656
to each his own man I guess! the infinity's sound nice but lack in durrability with my expierience's with them. Rainbows are fantastic but I am sure Christopher has something to say about them also.

Silver Member
Username: Panocha

Post Number: 114
well cristopher(aka roy T)can lick my nuts@ck any way has anyone tried out the comps by ascendant audio i havent heard anyone on any forum buy a pair lol.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5659
MB quart used to be great now they are just another outsourcing garbage has been company! Focal makes great speakers but not in the under $300 range. DIamond makes good stuff, and Boston Acoustic has made fantastic mobile audio components for the last 20 years, so if you think just because they specialize in high end home audio they can't make a great mobile speaker you are highly mistaken my friend! I am sure many people on here would disagree with you on that statement.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2013
ive heard diamond subs ... both the d3 and the d6 and they both sounded pretty good ... i wanted the kappa perfects at 1st but i heard that the tweeter was a little too harsh ... so im still as confused as i was at 1st lol

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2014
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1135
what about these diamonds ? anyone heard them ?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2015
or would the diamond d6 comps be as good as those ?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3773
"Focal makes great speakers but not in the under $300 range."

so you would approve of the focal utopias then james.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2017
i was on caraudio.com looking around and they said the same thing ... they said the polykevlar and the utopia sets are nice but the but the polyglass and polyflex wasnt anything nice

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2018
when i was looking around someone said polykevlar and utopia sets were real nice but ones like polyglass and polyflex wasnt anything special

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2019
sorry about the 2 posts but the 1st one was screwed up lol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5681
I personally love the utopia's I think they are a fantastic set. I might check them out next to be honest with you. I am not sure about the poly glassand flex comps casey I have not heard them. I have heard the utopia's and the poly kev's and they are both very nice with the utopia's being great.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1853
i've never heard the Utopias or the Vanadiums, but i've never heard anyone say anything bad about Rainbow and i've heard the K2's and they were nice. i took a leap with the Rainbows since i've never heard them, but i'm pretty sure i will like them. i wasn't trying to slam your choice or anything Chad.

i hope to have everything done this week. i'll let you know what i think Charlie.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3789
oh i know brandon. i wasn't saying you were. lol. didn't mean to sound rude there.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1863
its cool. i just wanted to say that. didn't want you thinking I was trying to be an a.ss, lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us