Sony CDX-F5710 CD Player features explained.......

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 35
Anyone have suggestions for what the features acually do to the sound on my sony HU? There is a DSO setting (0-3), a bBEMP (on/off), a loud (on or off), plus the hipass filters on my HU, plus the high pass filters on my amp, ect..... what will each one do to the sound (so I can make them sound how I want them to)? THanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2894
DSO=Dynamic Soundstage Organizer, it makes lower mounted speakers sound like they're higher in the door then they really are.

bBEMP? Haven't heard of that, maybe BEEP? So you can turn off the ugly beeping sound it makes everytime you press a button?

Loud=boosts the highs and lows at lower volumes, but it has no effect at moderate to loud volumes (though sometimes the music will distort more easily).

The highpass filters let only the high frequencies pass through. You set a crossover point where the lows will be cut off (theoretically, though it isn't like a brick wall, there's slope octave dB and all that fun stuff which means you'll still get some lows mixed in...). The highpass filters don't apply to the subwoofer pre-out.

The whole reason to use a highpass filter (HPF) is so the smaller speakers won't distort as easily when the volume is turned up and can more accurately reproduce mid to high frequencies.

Bronze Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 39
BBE MP is what it is, but what does it do? it boosts the volume somehow.........

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2897
Ahh, 'Barcus Berry Enhancement', it's a great thing to have turned on.

http://www.bbesound.com/technologies/BBE_MP/

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 30
bbe mp process effectively adds warmth and provides a clear cd quality sound from heavily compressed matrials, thats why bbe mp is special
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us