Is it the amp, HU, or rca's?

Bronze Member
Username: Bino317

Post Number: 25
Ok, Heres the problem I'm driving along fine one day, beating down the block as always. And my subs just cut off, I cut off my radio but I notice that the POWER is still glowing on the Amp, so I unplug the remote wire, and the power is still on, no proctection lights are on, no wires are crossed, but when i unplug the rca cables the amp cuts off, and the amp cuts on when i plug them back in, without the remote wire even hooked up!!! So what the hell is going on, the subs wont even make sound cause no signal from the rca cables i guess, but whats going on?
(equipment= Sony Explod head unit, Lanzar amp, Visonik speakers, Lighting Audio wiring)

Username: Hardhittinpunch

Post Number: 9
GET NEW RCA'S

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
how do u know for sure?

Username: Hardhittinpunch

Post Number: 10
I dont, but Im tired of seeing this thread. Process of elimination... Try new RCA's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
well buddy i just wasted 20 on new RCA cables, so dont reply unless u know what your talkin about youngster!! But anyway to the real audio pro's out there, I did a test and I have my radio hooked up to a cig adpt.I had the remote wire un hooked i had the rca cables plugged into the Head Unit and as soon as i even touch the cigar lighter tip to metal the amp would power on, so I"m thinking the sheild to the HU is damaged and I should replace the radio, what do u think? Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5482
Check the amp's chassis. It could be shorting out and getting grounded. If you have DMM, measure the voltage on the RCA output ports on the HU.
If possible, unhook the amp so that it's chassis is not touching anything metal. Try the same experiment. If it still turns on the amp, then check the amp's RCA terminals. Make sure there are no wire strands shorting out any of the terminals including speakers, RCA, and power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
thanks bro i'm bout to go outside and try it now!! I'll let u know what it do here in bout 20 mins
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us